The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) invites interested firms and/or consortium of firms to participate in the qualification process for the selection of a Private Sector Operator through a Competitive Bidding Process for the Deployment of a Device Management System:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) is the independent regulatory authority for the telecommunications industry in Nigeria. The NCC was created under Decree number 75 by the (Federal Military Government of Nigeria) on 24 November 1992.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Qualification (RFQ) from Prospective Operators for the Deployment of a Device Management System (DMS) in Nigeria
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, in compliance with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission ("ICRC") Establishment Act 2005, is supporting the deployment of a single window Device Management System (DMS) for mobile communication devices under public-private partnership (PPP) arrangement ("NCC Device Management System" or "the Project").
To this end, the Nigerian Communications Commission has retained the services of a Transaction Adviser to assist in the project preparation and procurement of a PPP Partner.
The transaction process for the preparation and procurement of a private partner, is led by the Project Delivery Team (PDT) made up of key Ministries, Departments, and Agencies of the Federal Government, including the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, the ICRC and the Federal Ministry of Finance. The implementation of this Project falls under the regulatory oversight of the ICRC, therefore the ICRC guidelines will apply.
The NCC invites interested firms and/or consortium of firms to participate in the qualification process for the selection of a Private Sector Operator through a Competitive Bidding process for the "Deployment of a Device Management System". NCC expects the selected Private Partner to Design, Build, Finance, Operate, Maintain and Manage the DMS based on Tenure, Terms and Conditions to be set out in the PPP Agreement.
- The proposed DMS will provide a single control point for comprehensive device management for communication devices in Nigeria. mobile
- Specifically, the proposed DMS will support capabilities for tracking of mobile communication devices to eliminate fake and substandard devices, provide detailed statistical information for stakeholders use, and support the fight against cybercrime and insecurity.
Request for Qualification (RFQ)
- The DMS project has been certified by the ICRC for preparation and procurement as a PPP, through a competitive bidding process via the Solicited PPP Procurement route. The project is in line with the Nigerian Communications Act (NCA), 2003 and the ICRC Act 2005.
- The scope of the DMS project is:
- Design, Build, Finance, Operate, Maintain and Manage the deployment of a DMS solution within the terms and conditions that will be prescribed in the PPP Agreement.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualification
- Interested firms and/or consortium of firms may submit their Qualification Statements in response to this RFQ wherein firms and/or Consortium of firms will be shortlisted for issuance of a detailed proposal through the Request for Proposal (RFP) process. Details of the project, application submission process and requirements have been set out in the RFQ..
- he RFQ requirements and Project Information Memorandum are available on the NCC and ICRC websites for parties interested in participating in the qualification process. Only pre-qualified bidders will be duly notified through our official means of communication, E-mail and/or the online platform, and will be issued with Request for Proposal (RfP) documents.
Qualification of interested parties will be based on the following:
Interested firms or consortium of firms must present the following:
- Evidence of Company Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or its equivalent for foreign firms.
- In the case of a consortium, evidence in the form of letter of association or Consortium Agreement, joint venture agreement and/or Memorandum of Understanding/Memorandum of Agreement).
- Power of Attorney/Board Resolution, in case of a consortium, identifying the lead member of the consortium authorized to submit the RFQ and binding on all the members of the consortium.
- Audited Financial Statements prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) of the bidding company or members of consortium for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021).
- Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021).
- Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of NCC, Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, the Federal Ministry of Finance or the ICRC is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder; that the company is not bankrupt, in receivership or under liquidation or involved in any litigation which can potentially affect the company's ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged; and to confirm that all information presented in its submission are true and correct in all particulars. structure,
- A brief description of the company or consortium stating ownership business history, management/organizational structure, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) development and operational capabilities and any other relevant information.
- Ownership structure of bidding entity, Name(s) of major shareholders and percentage shareholding of participants in the bidding entity.
Interested firms and/or consortium of firms must have the following Technical, Operational and Financial capabilities:
- Experience undertaking similar projects illustrated by the following:
- General experience in the development, operation, installation and/or financing of ICT projects including international level experience (list all relevant project references).
- Specific track record and details of capacity in financing, designing, building, installing, operations, management, maintenance with inbuilt financing and capital recovery arrangement in the ICT sector (list all relevant track record related to PPP experience in ICT or similar sector)
- Specific Experience and track record in designing, building, installing, operating, managing, maintaining,and/or financing of Device Management System or similar project (list all relevant project references). MMUN
- Experience in developing economies and emerging markets, with specific experience in the management of large-scale ICT projects (list all relevant project references).
- Relevant verifiable evidence of executing the Designing/Financing/Operating or Maintaining of large-scale ICT infrastructure (at least five verifiable evidence. Such evidence shall be in the form of a valid and verifiable letters of contract award, contract agreement, and/or completion certificates,etc).
- Evidence of financial capacity, in support of the company or consortium's ability to undertake the Deployment of the Device Management System solution with the sponsor, NCC, illustrated by:
- Annual turnover of at least Five Billion Naira or equivalent, over a period of at least 3 years.
- Evidence of adequate financial resources to finance projects. Interested applicants must have a minimum net worth of at least 5 billion Five Billion Naira (N5 billion) or its equivalent as shareholder's equity.
- Experience and Expertise of Key Personnel as illustrated by profile of key management staff with relevant experience working on similar projects and at least ten (10) years in the relevant industry.
Interested parties must Click Here
to download the detailed eligibility criteria and method of application as contained in the RFQ document.
Clarifications/enquiries may be sent via email to: email@example.com
Application Closing Date
12:00pm (Noon), 3rd June, 2022.
Method of Submission
All applications shall be submitted physically. All physical submission should be addressed and submitted to the Office of the:
Room 219, 2nd Floor,
The Nigerian Communications Commission,
Plot 423, Aguiyi Ironsi Street,
Maitama District, Abuja 900271,
F.C.T - Abuja.
The physical application shall consist of Six (6) printed and bound copies (1 original and 5 copies) and one (1) electronic format (in a readable version - Flash Drive) in a sealed and signed envelope clearly marked "Name of Company/Consortium" and Project Title (Deployment of a Device Management System in Nigeria).
- Interested international firms are encouraged to partner with Nigerian companies in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Government of Nigeria local content development policy.
- This notice shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the NCC to award any form of contract to any respondent(s) nor shall it entitle any organization submitting document to claim any indemnity from the NCC.
- Late submissions will be rejected.
- Submissions via courier will be accepted only if delivered within the submission deadline as indicated.
- Submissions shall be in English language only.
- Only short-listed Firms/Consortia will be contacted.
- NCC reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in the documents submitted by all companies.