Creative Associates / Northeast Connection Program invites interested and eligible consultants to tender applications for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) - Workshop Facilitator on Identification of Viable Agricultural Livelihood
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0003
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 5 days
Estimated total cost: Daily rate should be around NGN 29,642.00
- Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria.
- This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Borno state, Northeast Connection has identified Biu, Jere, Hawul, Kwaya Kusar, Maiduguri and Shani as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- The program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learnings and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal.
- Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The STTA Facilitator will support the facilitation of 2-day workshop to identify viable agricultural livelihood opportunities for vulnerable youths in Biu LGA and take notes of the workshop proceedings.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 2 days with additional 1 days for the initial kick-off/debriefing meeting, and 2 days for report writing, totaling 5 days.
- The STTA will work under the specific guidance from NE Connection team,target Program stakeholders at the local level for the duration of this assignment.
Reporting & Supervision
- The STTA Facilitator shall work with the Program Officer, and report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager under the Borno state portfolio.
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare discussion agenda, guidelines, and the expected outcome.
- Actively engage 30 participants in a 2-day workshop to identify viable agricultural livelihood opportunities for vulnerable youths
- Ensure the selection of participant, as diverse levels as possible, in a group discussion by making sure everyone could contribute meaningfully and have their perspectives listened.
- To support the NE Connection Borno team to coordinate and facilitate 2-day workshop in Biu LGA.
- Summarize outcomes from the discussion and develop strategic action plan that could be used to mitigate drivers of recruitment into VEOs
- Participate in a feedback session with NE Connection team to discuss outcomes of the meeting.
- Development action plan including recommendations for pathway towards mitigating drivers of recruitment into VEOs, in line with the 10-year transformational and 25-year development plan of the Borno state government.
- Write a detail report and submit both electronic and hard copy to the organization
Results and/or Deliverables
Submission activity workplan that suggests efficiencies and outlines timelines and steps that will be taken to facilitate the dialogue meeting.
Participation and submission of activity report on kick-off meeting and planning meeting
Submission of developed action plan including recommendations from the 2 days’ workshop on pathway towards mitigating drivers of recruitment into violent extremism.
Submission of detail final report to NE Connection
||June 30, 2022
Desired Skills & Qualifications
Application Closing Date
- University Degree or HND in Development Studies, Political Science, and International Relations, Disaster and Risks Management, or any related field.
- Have evidence of 3 - 4 years of experience of past work-related engagement in the northeast is preferred and at least 2 similar consultancies carried out on strategy development.
- Familiar with Borno State’s social, cultural, and political context
- Experience in providing technical and organizational support and capacity building
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in Borno State
- Equipped with a sufficient level of awareness and knowledge on Peacebuilding, conflict mediation, cohesion, and CVE
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical facilitation capacity.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet datelines.
11th May, 2022 (05:00PM Nigerian Time)
Questions Due Date
5th May, 2022 (02:00PM Nigerian Time).
Method of Application
All correspondence and/or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Creative intends to award a fixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work;
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to: email@example.com no later than the above date.
- No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder. The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/06/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and Annexes B/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable) are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process.
- Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.
- However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please Click HERE
Click Here to Download Request For Quotation (RFQ) MS Word
Click Here to Download Attachment 1 - Scope of Work MS Word
Click Here to Download Attachment 2 - Terms of Conditions MS Word
Click Here to Download Budget Template MS Excel
Click Here to Download Annex A Certificate Consents Form MS Word
Click Here to Download Vendor Information Form PDF
Click Here to Download W-8 Instruction PDF
Click Here to Download W-9 Form PDF