Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) invites competent and qualified companies with relevant experience in the area of provision of instrumentation, control and automation services to support CNL's oil and gas production activities at Escravos, EGTL, Offshore, Onshore and Swamp locations:
Chevron is one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria and one of its largest investors. In Nigeria, we operate under a joint-venture arrangement with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for the onshore and offshore assets in the Niger Delta region.
Chevron also has extensive interests in multipartner deepwater operations. We operate the Agbami Field, one of Nigeria’s largest deepwater discoveries. We also have a non-operated interest in the Usan Field.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Automation Control Services Tender to Support CNL's Oil and Gas Production Activities at Escravos, EGTL, Offshore, Onshore and Swamp Locations
Nipex Tender No:
Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/CNL Joint Venture, plans to engage the services of competent and qualified companies with relevant experience in the area of provision of instrumentation, control and automation services to support CNL's oil and gas production activities at Escravos, EGTL, Offshore, Onshore and Swamp locations.
The contract is proposed to span a period of two (2) years with a possible optional term of one (1) year duration,
Scope of Work
The scope of work shall include but will not be limited to the following:
- Provision of maintenance and engineering services to support instrumentation and automation, process, automation and safety system controls.
- The services will also include engineering, troubleshooting, control philosophy development, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) engagement, control system integration as well as preventive and corrective maintenance of automation and control systems in CNL's operational assets.
- The services may be required in all CNL operational locations including logistics bases and offsite location such as project yards.
The services may cover provision of automation/control systems services for some of the equipment/systems listed below:
- CS3000, CENTUM VP, ProSafe, ProSafe-RS, Stardom, PRM, ExaOPC, ExaQuantum, ExaPLOG, GSGW, SIOS, PGDS
- InTouch, Archestra A InSQL, Factory Suite
- Allen Bradley/Rockwell Automation:
- PLCS, SLC500, Control Logix, MicroLogix, Panel Views, RSview HMI
- Other Propriety PLCs/Control Systems:
- ABB, HIMAX, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi, OMNI Flow Computers
- PI Historian, Process Book
- Other Packaged OEM Skid & Equipment:
The services will also include the following requirements:
Mandatory Tender Requirements
- The contractor shall have the technical expertise to work on various OEM control system types, models, software, hardware, interfaces, etc. and shall be up-to-date with required upgrades and updates.
- The contractor shall be capable of integrating various types OEM models including packaged equipment control integrated to other equipment control system as well as the central control system
- The contractor shall be required to engage the OEM to provide qualified and certified Subject Matter Experts (SME) for software engineering, integration and maintenance support services in troubleshooting of process control and safety systems, instrumentation and automation.
- The contractor shall also be responsible for engineering, project management, engagement of OEM(s) and Field Service Reps (FSR), pre-commissioning and commissioning activities (major and small capital projects), etc.
- The contractor shall have equipment required for testing the OEMs systems at its facility in Nigeria. The contractor's facility in Nigeria shall be fully outfitted and equipped with OEM standard equipment enabling offsite simulations, trending, acceptance tests etc.
- The contractor shall provide training to CNL personnel locally in Nigeria using the facility and equipment stated above and be able to provide OEM type or qualified training.
- The contractor's Nigerian office shall be set up with the ability to provide remote troubleshooting of CNL's automation asset.
- The contractor shall provide instrumentation support including process control field devices (transmitters), troubleshooting and integration to control systems.
- The contractor shall be certified or qualified by the OEM(S) or demonstrate previous working relationships and engagements with the OEM(S) to be engaged for the services.
- The contractor shall utilize certified and skilled professionals with not less than 7 years of relevant automation and control system experience for the services.
Nigerian Content Requirements
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested bidders are required to be pre-qualified and "live" in the 3,01.04 Electro / Control Instrumentation Services in Nipex Joint Qualification System (NJOS) database. All successfully pre-qualified bidders in this category by the bid close date will receive Invitation to submit Technical and Commercial Tender (ITT).
- To determine if an intended bidder is pre-qualified and in order to view the product/Service category that such bidder is listed for: Open www.vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your company log in details, click on Products/Services tab to view your status and product codes.
- If you are not fated in the product service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact Nepex office at 30. Bayo Kuku Road Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate and complete the NJOS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com click on services tab followed by NJQS registration
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system
Chevron Nigeria Limited is committed to the development of the Nigerian Ol and Gas business in observance with the Nigerian Olt and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010
Pursuant to enactment of the NOGICD Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the schedule of the Act and any other target as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
Contractors shall comply with the provisions of the NOGICD Act and all applicable regulations. Bidders that do not meet the Nigerian Content criterion will not be allowed to participate in next Tender Stage The following are the Content requirements bidders are expected to comply with in their technical bid submission
Application Closing Date
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company provided CAC CO2 and CO7. registration on NOGIC JOS and DPR certificate.
- Detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (not limted to fabrication workshop. Technical/Administrative offices) in Nigeria to support this contract.
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainers) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- Provide evidence of the percentage of 1) key management positions that are held by Nigerians and 2) total work force that are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed by Nigérian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide evidence of relationship (not limited to Memorandum of Agreement, Letter of representation letter of support) with the various OEM Yokogana, Wonderware, Honeywel Allen Bradley/Rockcwell Automation SCADA Other Packaged OEM Skid & Equipment far.execution of the work scope
- Tenderers shall provide evidence of category 12,3 or 4. Consultancy services (CS) group NCEC to demonstrate capacity and capability to execute the work scope
Only bidders who are pre-qualified and 'live' with NJQS Product/Category 3.01.04 Electro/Control Instrumentation Services by 16:00 Hours, 31 May, 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit technical and commercial bid.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be pre-qualified in NJOS under this product/service category.
- The Invitation to Tender (ITT) and any further progression of this tender shall be via NipeX.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJOS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor's accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Chevron Nigeria Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle pre-qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Chevron Nigeria Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been pre-qualified in NJOS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.