The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) invites interested / eligible vendors to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an African-led, African-based, not-for-profit organization. It works with African governments, development partners, civil society, private sector, and African farmers for an inclusive agricultural transformation (IAT) to increase incomes and improve food and nutrition security of at least 30 million smallholder farming households.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) Provision of Taxi and Car Hire Services to AGRA
Under its recently refreshed strategy AGRA will make investments in three new components: 1) Catalyze an agricultural transformation in key agro-ecological zones on the continent, 2) Unlock the value of private and public sector investments to sustain agricultural transformation, and 3) Develop capacities and capabilities that will strengthen and sustain the foundation for African agricultural transformation in the future
AGRA’s mission is to catalyze an agricultural transformation in Africa through innovation-driven, sustainable, productivity increases and access to finance that improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
AGRA’s overall vision of success is centered on two headline goals to achieve by 2021 through its efforts to catalyze, convene, and align with an alliance of partners and grantees:
- Double the incomes of at least 30 million farm households through productivity improvements and access to markets and finance:
- AGRA will hold itself directly accountable for 9 million farm households through the direct activities of grantees and partners in its first program in 6 countries to lay the foundations of an agricultural transformation.
- Through partnerships with the private and public sector in this second program, AGRA will contribute to the wellbeing and livelihoods of 20 million farm households in countries where an agricultural transformation is already under way but needs to be sustained.
- Ensure all focus countries are on a pathway to attain and sustain an agricultural transformation through sustainable agricultural productivity growth and access to market and finance.
Pursuant to the above highlighted, AGRA would like to engage a qualified Taxi and Car Hire service provider for provision of Taxi and Car Hire Services to AGRA.
The purpose of this request for proposal is to identify and engage a specialized Taxi and Car Hire service provider for AGRA who will be contracted under a Framework agreement for a maximum of three years renewable annually. Through the taxi and car hire service provided, AGRA will obtain the most competitive, qualified, responsive and high-quality service, representing the best value for money, for all of AGRA taxi and car hire requirements. The service provider should have a performing fleet with experienced personnel and management to provide AGRA with taxi and car hire service that represents cutting-edge technology, processes and systems for the benefit of its users.
Scope of Work
The Terms of Reference and Scope of Services shall include but not be limited to the details specified herein:
- Provision of Taxi and Car Hire services to AGRA staff in any or majority of the Counties.
- Confirm availability of VVIP & VIP vehicle including security & chase cars(Not Mandatory)
- Hire of Executive vehicles – For functions hosted by AGRA including but not limited to Annual symposiums & Meetings
- Hire of large team transfer vehicles – For functions hosted by AGRA including but not limited to Annual symposiums & Meetings
- Assign clean and comfortable vehicles with valid PSV license, and comprehensive insurance cover.
- Assign clean road worthy, sober and well-behaved drivers with valid driving license and Certificate of Good Conduct.
- The driver shall always be smartly dressed while on duty.
- The vehicle must bear the contractor’s official logo or name.
- The Taxi rates shall hold and remain firm during the contract period.
- Provide security tools including and not limited to vehicle tracking, SOS alert response and security back up services.
- Must have fully operational approved seat belts, and speed governor as applicable in transport regulations in force.
- Ability of firm to maintain and demonstrate Covid-19 protocols & Health and safety for AGRA
- Ability to provide offsite vehicle recovery for all classes of vehicle
- Provide online interactive booking & customer management tool for both car hire & taxi services (If available)
- For non-online platform (voucher based) the following will be required:
- Before starting the journey, the Taxi user must record the following in an official Taxi Services Order (Taxi Voucher):
- Date of taxi hire
- The registration number of the taxi
- Speedometer reading at pick up point
- Speedometer reading at dropping point
- Time logs for pick up and drop off
- Waiting time
- The name and ID of the Taxi driver
- The location of departure
- The destination of the journey.
- Request Number
- Invoices shall be submitted with copy/copies of the Taxi Service Orders (vouchers), duly endorsed by the user for settlement. The invoice amount shall be based on actual mileage & time and the applicable rate for the category of vehicle used.
- For online platform, the users shall electronically confirm the journey and the parameters in 16 above shall be computed by the vehicle’s GPS based tracking system. Invoices shall be submitted with copy/copies of the Transactional statements/parameters and applicable costs.
- Thirty (30) days credit terms will apply
Criteria for Evaluation
- Copy of Registration Certificate /Certificate of Incorporation
- Valid tax compliance certificate/Pin Certificate
- Valid Comprehensive insurance, logbooks & PSV Licenses for fleet of vehicles owned by the firm (attach document).
- Audited accounts for the last 3 years
- Evidence for operational offices including base stations, vehicle recovery & support including a 24-hr. dedicated support service
- Online tools for both booking & security management – Share link/Screenshot/s
- List of similar assignments carried out including at least five (5) Corporate clients, date and budget.
Application Closing Date
- Firms must have had 5+ years’ experience with corporate firms and NGO’s
- Firms should submit references from five corporate clients detailing contacts.
- Bidders shall also provide information on contract values and a description of the service performed.
- Academic Qualification of 2 key account management Staff must be Degree or Diploma holders
- Experience of 2 Account Management Staff be above 5 years
- Financial average turnover of audited account be above 3 million or must obtain from a bank (attach)
- Firms must demonstrate the Capacity of fleet size- (Owned or Leased) shall be above 30 vehicles (Share list of fleet size)
- Firms are requested to provide evidence of ownership/lease agreement of the vehicle
- Evidence of at least 20 PSV Drivers employed or contracted (Share list of PSV Drivers)
- Evidence of recommendation letters for provision of Taxi service from at least 3 similar organizations
- Safety of services -Provide documentary evidence that the vehicles are PSV comprehensively insured with the cost of the premiums paid for the vehicles for each policy
- Evidence of Automated online Taxi service request system
- Provide evidence for Covid-19, health and safety compliance and first aid training/ fire training for staff - attach certificates
- Capacity to deliver - Firms must have at least three Base stations within Nairobi and a network reach across the country (including major airports)
- Describe how they will provide the services i.e. the Capacity of the company to deploy the vehicles to the cities, other towns & Countries (if applicable) and mode of management. Indicate the no. of vehicles deployed to each city and Country (if applicable)
5:00pm (East African Time), 23rd May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Proposals MUST be submitted via email to: AGRA General Procurement: Procurement@agra.org
Please include the subject line "RFP/057/HR&ADMIN/2022" of the email.
Note the following:
- All bidders must use the RFP reference number in the subject line of their email submission.
- Technical proposal and financial proposal shall be submitted as separate attachment.
- Neither technical nor financial proposals should exceed 10MB. The firm’s proposal with any subsequent modifications and counter proposals, if applicable, shall become an integral part of any resulting contract.
- Proposal must be provided in English Language.
for a detailed description of the RFP.