The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) invites eligible consultancy firms to indicate their interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is created to provide sustainable access to safe and sufficient water to meet the cultural and socio-economic needs of all Nigerians in a way that will enhance public health, food security and poverty reduction, while maintaining the integrity of fresh water ecosystem of the nation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - (Consultant Services - Firms)
Program for Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB) Nigeria
Loan Grant No: 2100150040844
Program ID: P-Z1-C00/069
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this programme that appeared in African Development Bank Group Internet Website (www.afdb.org
) of 21 May, 2019.
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received financing from the African Development Bank (the Bank), towards the cost of Programme for Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB) in Nigeria and intends to apply part of the agreed amount to finance payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for Development of Community Infrastructure for Climate Change Adaptation in Upper Benue, Upper Niger, Sokoto-Rima and Anambra-Imo River Basin Development Areas.
Scope of Work
- The scope of the assignment is the technical feasibility study, design and supervision of the construction/rehabilitation of education, health, borehole, agricultural marketing, aggregation and processing centre facilities and flood protection and desilting works.
- This entails working with the National Programme Coordination Unit (NPCU) and the four (4) River Basin Development Authorities (RBDAs) of PIDACC intervention areas namely: Upper Benue, Upper Niger, Sokoto-Rima and Anambra-Imo.
- The estimated duration of the assignment is 18 months and the estimated starting date is 6 September, 2022.
- The Feasibility study and detailed design have a period of six (6) months, while the works supervision of 12 months including six (6) months defects liability period.
The Executing Agency, Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) through its NPCU now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interests in providing these services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (firm brochure, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and availability of appropriate skills among staff etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility Criteria, establishment of the shortlist and selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Procurement Policy for the Bank Group Funded Operation, October 2015 which is available on the Banks website at http://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/procurement/new-procedure-policy
Application Closing Date
4:00pm, 23rd May, 2022.
Submission of EOI Documents
EOI documents must be clearly marked "Consultancy Services for Development of Community Infrastructure for Climate Change Adaptation" addressed and delivered to the:
National Programme Coordinator,
Program for the Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB),
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Bassan Plaza, 3 Floor, Rear Wing,
No. 759 Independent Avenue,
Off Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234 705 921 6542
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Interested consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address above during the office hours of 08:00 am and 04:00 pm (Local time; Monday-Fridays).