The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) invites eligible consultancy firms to indicate their interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) is created to provide sustainable access to safe and sufficient water to meet the cultural and socio-economic needs of all Nigerians in a way that will enhance public health, food security and poverty reduction, while maintaining the integrity of fresh water ecosystem of the nation.
Applications are invited for:
Title Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Individual Consulting Services
Program for Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB) Nigeria
Sector: Agriculture and Water
Loan Grant No: 2100150040844
Program ID: P-Z1-C00/069
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this programme that appeared in African Development Bank Group Internet Website (www.afdb.org
) of 21st May, 2019.
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received financing from the African Development Bank (the Bank), to finance the Programme for Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB) in Nigeria and intends to apply part of the agreed amount to finance payment under the contract for Preparation of Financing Manual for Sub-Projects. PIDACC-Nigeria is implemented by Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) and covers four River Basin Development Authority catchment areas namely: Upper Benue, Upper Niger, Sokoto-Rima and Anambra-Imo River Basins.
Scope of Work
- The services included under this assignment are Preparation of Financing Manual for Sub-Projects.
- The overall objective of this assignment is to develop a Financing Manual for Sub-Projects (FMSP) for the purpose of providing sound and strong Financial Management System at the Sub-Projects levels where adequate and proper books of accounts would be maintained and data on financial transactions would be collected, collated, recorded to generate relevant financial statements to give a true and fairview of the state of affairs of the Sub-Projects at a given period.
- The FMSP shall provide clear, comprehensive and practical guidance for the Sub-Projects where defined core mandates of the critical stakeholders would be provided to promote greater understanding and sanctity of the processes so that working relationships and coordination between implementing agencies is enhanced.
- It will also provide strong internal control mechanism where processes and procedures will be well adhered to in compliance with the principles of prudence and accountability. And that Government can be fully accountable to the public, development partners and other stakeholders. Therefore, the FMSP will serve as a working document that would define an operational guideline, procedures and processes in carrying out fiduciary transactions at the SubProjects level. These include procedures conditions for accessing funds, financing strategy, design development framework for the sub-projects, etc.
- The estimated duration of the assignment is eight (8) weeks and the estimated starting date is 6 September, 2022.
The Executing Agency, Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FMWR) through its NPCU now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest and must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochure, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and availability of appropriate skills by the Consultant etc in similar conditions in Nigeria and/orin sub-Saharan Africa). Consultants may constitute joint ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, Short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Procurement Policy for Bank Group - Funded Operations (policy), October 2015 which is available on the Bank's website at http://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/procurement/new-procedure-policy
Application Closing Date
2:00pm, 23rd May, 2022.
Submission of EOI Documents
EOI documents must be clearly marked "Consultancy services for development of Financing Manual for Sub-Projects" addressed and delivered to the:
National Programme Coordinator,
Program for the Integrated Development and Adaptation to Climate Change in Niger Basin (PIDACC/NB),
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Bassan Plaza, 3 Floor, Rear Wing,
No. 759 Independent Avenue,
Off Herbert Macaulay Way,
Central Business District,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234 705 921 6542
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- Interested consultancy firms may obtain further information at the address above during the office hours of 08:00 am and 04:00 pm (Local time; Monday-Fridays).