Abia State Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) invites eligible consulting firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Abia State Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) is requesting for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for Consultancy Services for Design Review and Supervision of 17.9km Demonstration Pilot Rural Road Upgrading / Construction on Abia State
Credit No: 6519-NG
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has Development Agency or AFD) and on-lent the financing to thirteen participating States (namely Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Plateau and Sokoto) toward the cost of Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Consulting Services.
The Consulting Services ("the Services") includes:
- Carrying out review of the Detailed Engineering Design and comment on any issues, deficiencies, or improvements that, in the opinion of the Consultant, need to be addressed to ensure a successful completion of the projects and Supervision of Upgrading/Construction of an existing rural feeder road (Itungwa-Mgboko-Amairi-Amaise-Ahlaba Ubi-Nkwoelechi-Omoba in Obingwa LGA of Abia, State) having a total length of 17.9km. The works include but not limited to; Site clearance and Earthwork, Culverts and Drains, Pavement and Surfacing:
- Carrying out the review Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) including sequence of implementation measures etc. and shall provide the Employer with any recommended corrective measures. Prepare procurement documents of the subprojects following GON/IDA's guidelines which incorporate Environment, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) measures.
- Supervising and assisting Abia SPIU in the supervision of construction works to ensure that these are executed in accordance with the General and Particular conditions of Contract, the Technical Specification, Engineering Drawings, or any amendments;
- (Providing necessary support and advice to SPIU in optimizing the use of available material resources to minimize costs, achieving desirable work quality and expediting construction activities: and;
- Assisting SPIU in ensuring that works/contracts are constructed/completed within the agreed price and allocated time under the contract or any subsequent agreed amendments.
The Services are expected to extend over a period of 18 months, involving approximately 10 key persons as required in the TOR; The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for this assignment will be made available on request at the address given below.
The Abia State Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) now invite eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
Application Closing Date
- Satisfactory experience of the firm in Project Preparation Activities such as:
- Preparation of Social and Environmental Safeguards documents
- Preparation of detailed Engineering Design and Technical Specifications
- Procurement Support
- Project Management support,
- Construction Supervision of Roads.
- Demonstration of effective organizational/managerial structure and availability of suitably experienced and qualified key personnel relevant to the assignment.
- All interested firms are to submit the following documents;
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC):
- Evidence of Company's current tax clearance certificate for the last three (3) years (2019,2020 and 2021):
- Company audited account for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) duly stamped;
- Well detailed company profile with managerial and technical structure, office address and functional contact details
- For Joint ventures, Memorandum of Understanding must be attached.
- Verifiable records establishing evidence of experience in Design Review and Supervision consultancy services for 20KM Demonstration Pilot Rural Upgrading. Construction of up to 10 references or more similar assignments;
- Evidence of similar experience supported under multilateral donor Agency like The World Bank, AFD, AfDB, ete in the previous 10 years
- Evidence of Firm's/Consortium regional work experience in similar field within Nigeria and or Sub Saharan Africa.
1st June, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) to:
The State Project Coordinator,
Abia State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU),
Rural Access and Agriculture Marketing Project (RAAMP),
20A Adelabu Housing Estate,
Umuahia- Abia State
Telephone: +2348187985653, +2348033667090
- Late Submissions will NOT be accepted.
- The Client is not bound to short-list any Consultant.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs.3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IFF Borrowers" November 2020 ("Fourth edition Procurement Regulations), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant's Qualification Selection (COS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours.