The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning is requesting for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Appointment of Tax Consultancy Firm to Carry Out Studies on Trade Taxation and Customs Policy Study
Credit No.: 62880-NG
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the World Bank to support implementation of the Fiscal Governance and Institutions Project (FGIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services ("the Services") is for an appointment of a suitable Tax Consultancy firm with expertise in trade taxes and customs policy to carry out studies, advise and provide appropriate taxation as well as customs advisory services to Technical Services Department in the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning as well as various Tax agencies in Nigeria. The firm will be required to carry out:
- Stock taking and cost-benefit analysis of existing tariff incentives,
- Custom duties regional harmonization incidence analysis,
- Review of customs tariffs from the perspective of regional integration,
- Impact analysis of the harmonization of trade taxes exemptions;
- Analysis of the impact of the impact of the continental free trade agreement on Nigeria and various other assignments tailored to strengthen revenue analysis and forecasting.
The proposed duration of the project is one hundred and twenty (120) days after signing of the contract agreement.
The Technical Services Department Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of 10 years' expertise and experience in advising on tax and customs issues. (Attach a list of current and past clients where the bidder carried tax consulting along with the name of the organization, contact person, designation, and contact number, nature of the consulting services and length of the appointment).
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of Nigeria's tax and customs system. At least 2 prior experiences on similar or related assignments delivered in the public sector in the last five years;
- Demonstrable understanding of international practice and methodologies used for cost-benefit analysis of tax expenditures and custom duties regional harmonization incidence analysis. At least 2 prior assignments on customs policy and tariffs analysis in other African countries;
- Technical and Managerial organization of the firm;
- Evidence of Tax Compliance Certificate.
12:00 Noon, 7th June, 2022.
Collection of Documents
(MS WORD) to view the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of interest (3 copies) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, and by e-mail) to:
Fiscal Governance and Institutions Project (FGIP),
International Economic Relations Department,
Room 426/427, 4th Floor, Phase II Building,
Federal Ministry of Finance & Budget and National Planning,
Ahmadu Bello Way, Central Business District,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234 8033115666
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" dated November 2020 ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected. Therefore, while expressing interest, JVs should clearly specify the qualifications of each of the associated firms to undertake the assignment.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours of 0900 to 1500 hours or via the e-mails.