Chad Basin Development Authority (CHBDA) invites competent, interested contractors with relevant experience and technical expertise, financial capabilities and good track record to submit Technical and Financial bids for the execution of the following projects:
Chad Basin Development Authority (CHBDA) was established by Federal Government of Nigeria with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the North Central States comprising of Benue, FCT, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to tender for the Execution of 2022 Mainline Capital Development and Zonal Intervention Projects
The Chad Basin River Development Authority in furtherance to achieving its statutory mandate intends to undertake the procurement of various Works/Goods under the 2022 Appropriation Mainline Capital and Zonal Intervention Projects domiciled to be implemented through the Authority in accordance with the
provision of part VI section 25-2(ii) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 (as amended). The Chad Basin Development Authority therefore wishes to invite competent, interested contractors with relevant experience and technical expertise, financial capabilities and good track record to submit Technical and Financial bids for the execution of various projects categorized as follows.
Scope of Work (Category 1. CBDA Mandate Core Projects)
Category A- Works:
- Construction Of 8km Uvu-Uda Rural Road In Askirajuba Iga, Borno South Senatorial District, Borno State
- Provision Of Solar Powered Boreholes In Borno South Senatorial District, Borno State
- Provision Of Water Reticulation Project In Potikum Town, Yobe State
- Construction Of Handpump Boreholes Across Yobe North Senatorial District
- Construction Of Solar Powered Boreholes In Yobe North Senatorial District
- Construction Of Local Dykes In Kazir And Other Locations In Jakusko LGA
- Construction Of 8 Cellculverts Along Bukarti And Azam Villages
- Construction Of Water Intake Canal For Irrigation In Rugan Isa, Adakiri
- Construction Of Earth Dam And Auxiliary Structure In Rugan Isa, Adakiri,
- Construction Of 10nos Of Solar Powered Borehole With Complete Accessories In Nguru, Yusufari, Machin And Karasuwa Federal Constituency, Yobe State
- Provision Solar Powered Borehole In Bade/Jakusko Federal Constituency Yobe State
- Construction Of 1onos Package Solar Powered Boreholes With Complete Accessories In Bursari/Geidam/Yunusari Federal Constituency, Yobe State
- Construction Of 10nos. Package Of Solar Powered Boreholes With Complete Accessories In Fune/Fika Federal Constituency, Yobe State.
- Construction Of Blocks Of 3 Classrooms And Furniture Each At Community Higher Islamic College Ga Daka And Maluri In Fika LGA Yobe State
- Drilling Of Junbo Borehole At Monguno Water Works
- Provision Of Hand Pump Boreholes In Bauchi Central Senatorial District
- Provision Of Hand Pump Boreholes In Bauchi South Senatorial District, Bauchi State
- Drilling Of Borehole And Reticulation At Gajiganna Town In Magumeri LGA Borno State
- Small Irrigation Schemes At Different Locations In Dania, Bakori, Dandume, Mairuwa And Other Locations
- Agricultural Land Development Programme In Borno,Yobe And Adamawa States
- Construction Of Washbores And Tubewells Equiped With Portable Pumps And Hoses For Irrigation In Borno Yobe And Adamawa States
- Project Expansion Works Of Ngalda/Garin Gada Irrigation Project
- Project Expansion Works Of Gashua Irrigation Project
- Project Expansion Works At Michika Irrigation Project
- Project Expansion Works Of Gora Irrigation Project
- Expansion Of Jere Bowl Irrigation Project/Construction Of Rural Roads
- Reconstruction Works At Scip I New Marte
- Development Of Integrated Farm Center In Yobe State
- Development Of Integrated Farm Centers In Borno State
- Rehabilitation Of 70nos Intermediate Staff Quarters At AHQ/PHQ
- Rehabilitation Of 48nos Senior Staff Quarters At AHQ/PHQ
- Rehabilitation Of 112nos Junior Staff Quarters At AHQ/PHQ
- Development Of Fishing Ground In Gorgaram
- Ongoing Construction Of Solar Powered Boreholes In Farming Communities Of Flood Prone Areas Of North Fast.
- Renovation & Furnishing Of 4nos, Blocks Of Offices At AHQ & Liaison Office (Face Left /Renovation Works And Resurfacing Of Internal Road Network At CBDA AHQ
- Construction And Furnishing Of Community Center In Dala
- Establishment Of Drip Irrigation System In Arid Region Of The Authority (Basin)
- Establishment Of Area Office At Ngalda Fika LGA, Yobe State
- Rehabilitation Of Boreholes In Fika/Fune Federal Constituency
- Provision /Rehabilitation Of Boreholes/Water Facility In Cbda Operation Area Of Borno, Yobe And Adamawa States
- Ongoing Rehabilitation Construction Of Gagarachiya Water Control Gate In Yobe State
- Provision Of Water Retaining Structure On The Banks Of River Jamaare At Alkamaram
- River Training And Channelization Works On Hadejia Jamaare Kumodugu Yobe River (HIKYR) (Construction Of Protection Levee At Damasak-Mobbar LGA, Borno State)
- Establishment Of Hydrological Stations In CBDA Areas Offices
- Partnership Program For Expanded Water Supply, Sanitation And Hygiene (Pre-Wash)
- Alau Dam Rehabilitation Works
- Erosion Control Work/Land Reclamation And Drainage Works In Borno, Yobe And North Part Of Adamawa States
- Ground Water Development In Project/Area Offices And Identified Places Within The Basin
Category B - Goods:
- Supply Of Fertilizers At H/Gada And Other Locations To Enhance Agriculture
- Provision Of Empowerment Items At Kankara, Dandume, Faskari And Other Neighboring LGAs Within The District
- Employment Generation And Economic Empowerment Programme In Agro Allied Business (Provision Of Agro Allied Equipment/Materials To Women, Youth Farmers In Potiskum LGA, Yobe State
- Replacement Of Farm Machines And Equipment
- Replacement Of Project Utility Vehicles
- Procurement Of Solar Powered Driven High Discharge Irrigation Pumps
- River Training And Channelization Works On Hadera Jamaake Kumodugu Yobe River (Hikyr)
- Supply Of Bulldozer/Excavator To Gogaram Flood Plain Farming Communities (Procurement Of 1no. Bulldozer)
The scope of works and the specifications are contained in the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) to be issued to bidders in respect of each project.
Bidders are to provide the following documents as eligibility requirements:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Memorandum & Article of Association, Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31 December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover as stated in Standard Bid Document;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above):
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Chad Basin Development Authority or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- The Director(s) of the firms has/have never been convicted in any court of law within or outside Nigeria.
- None of the company's directors or the company itself is bankrupt.
- The Company is not in receivership
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile and organizational structure with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including coples of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs as Prime Contractor executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects; (works quoted should be at least 70% physically completed)
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the vehicles;
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs):
- Electricity Jobs: Evidence of current Licence issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA);
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm,
Note that all documents/information required must be paginated, submitted in the Sequence/order as listed above. Non-compliance will lead to disqualification.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Noon Wednesday, 15th June, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical bids shall be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon Wednesday, 15 June, 2022, at the Conference Hall of the Chad Basin Development Authority, Maiduguri.
Collection of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders shall collect "Standard Bidding Documents" from the Procurement Office, Chad Basin Development Authority, Mohamet Lawan Building, Km 6, Dikwa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State. Upon the presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per lot, for Works and Goods into Chad Basin Development Authority's TSA Central account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Completed Technical and Financial Bids shall be submitted separately in 2sets of hard copy and 1 soft copy in sealed envelopes and labeled "Technical Bld" and "Financial Bid and both placed in a third envelope. All the two envelopes should bear the name of the Company with the "Project Name" boldly written at the top right hand corner and addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Chad Basin Development Authority,
Mohamet Lawan Building,
Km 6, Dikwa Road, Malduguri,
- All enquiries on this advertisement are to be directed to the above address.
- This announcement is published for information purposes only and does not constitute an offer by the Authority to transact with any party for the project, nor does it constitute a commitment or obligation on the part of the Authority to procure services.
- The Authority will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested party(ies) in connection with any response to this invitation.
- The Authority is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereof, in line with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
Chad Basin Development Authority reserves the right to:
- Verify the authenticity of any claims on the documents submitted by companies.
- Failure to comply strictly with instructions above and to provide any required documents may result in the disqualification of the company.
- Original documents under item 3.0 above may be requested for sighting.
- Tender documents submitted after the closing date and time shall be returned un-opened.
- Bidders Should Not Bid for More Than Two (2) Lots, violators shall be disqualified.
- Attendees at the bids opening shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidder who chooses to join the bid opening online;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services), however bids submitted through post must be received before the deadline for submission otherwise the bids will be rejected.
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.