The Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission by virtue of Paragraph 32(a) Part 1 of the Third Schedule to the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended), has the mandate to “monitor the accruals to and disbursement of revenue from the Federation Account”.
The collection of revenue due from the payment of taxes and duties into the Federation Account is the statutory responsibilities of both the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS). In carrying out their functions, both Agencies appointed Collecting Banks for the purpose of collecting taxes and duties and remitting same to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) through the Lead Banks.
In pursuance of its constitutional function of monitoring all accruals Into the Federation Account and to ensure transparency and accountability, the Commission in collaboration with the Federation Allocation Account Committee (FMC) is to engage the, service of a reputable Consultant to undertake the Verification and Reconciliation of Revenue Collection and Remittances by FIRS and NCS from January. 2008 to June 2012 and therefore request for both technical and financial proposal from interested firms as Lead and other Consultants.
2) Scope of the Work
Supervise and coordinate the assignments of other Consultants
• Verify and reconcile all flow of revenue from collecting Agencies from January 2008
- June, 2012 in accordance with the relevant Agreements between the collecting banks, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).
• Produce Comprehensive Report of alt the findings and recommendations to the Commission.
3) Technical and Financial Bid Submission Requirements
In order to be considered for the bids as Lead Consultant the fine or company must submit the following documents:
4) Scope of the work
- Must be a firm or company of reputable Professionals in the field of finance, accounting and taxation. At least five partners must be members of reputable professional bodies.
- Must be registered with the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation. Must have a structured office with adequate facilities and branch network. Relevant experience of not less than 7 years of professional practice.
- Evidence of Valid Certificate of incorporation/Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission Including photocopies of Form C02 and C07.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years (2003.2010, & 2011).
- Evidence of VAT Registration and Remittances.
- Company Profile Including names, CV, Qualification(s) and Experience(s) of key personnel.
- Evidence of Financial Capability to handle the b Including letter of reference from your Banker
- Evidence of Execution of similar Service.
- Certified Audited Account of the Company for the past 3 years (2009.2010 & 2011).
- Evidence of PENCOM Registration and Remittance
- Evidence of compliance 44lh Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act
- Any other document that will place the company on comparative advantage
5) Requirements for other Consultants:
- Report to the Lead Consultant
- Reconcile all flow of revenue from the collecting banks to Lead Banks.
- Reconcile all transfers from Lead Banks to the Federation Account at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
- Verify that the remuneration paid to each collecting bank is in accordance with the Agreement with the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).
- Cover allocated banks and revenue sources as given by the Lead Consultant
Same as for the Lead Consultant, except that the qualified partners must be a minimum of three and the years of experience in similar assignment should be a minimum of four years
6) Collection/Submission of Technical and Financial Documents
(i) Collection of Bid Documents:
The Firms/Companies that meet the above requirements should pay a non-refundable tender fee at twenty five thousand Naira (N25,000) only in bank draft in favour of Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission before the collection of bid documents from the Head of Procurement between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm. Monday to Friday
(ii) Closing Date for Submission of Bid Documents:
The complete documents should be enclosed In an envelope sealed and marked (a) “Prequalification for ………”, (b) Financial Bid for ……….” indicating “Expression of Interest as Lead Consultant (Or Other Consultant) to Undertake “Verification and Reconciliation of Non-Oil Revenue Remittances”
and must be addressed and returned within Six (6) weeks from the date of this publication to:
“The Secretary to the Comm1ssion
Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission
Plot2io, Tafaw Balewa Way
Central Area, Garki-Abuja.”
Att: Head of Procurement
7) Closing Date
The dosing date for submission of duly completed technical and financial bidding documents is Six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement by 12:00noon (Date: Monday, 26th November, 2012)
8) Bid Opening and Venue
The Bids will be opened on the closing date of submission. Monday, 26th November, 2012 in the Commission’s Board Room, Ground Floor of the Commission by 1.00pm. All bidders, NGO’s and the general public are invited to the opening of the Bids.
9) Please Note That
- The Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission reserves the right to reject any or all Pre-qualification documents that falls to meet expected standards.
- Only shortlisted Consultants will be invited for further consideration
- Late Submissions will not be entertained.
- This advertisement is not a commitment on the part of the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation arid Fiscal Commission to appoint any Consultant
Head of Procurement
For: RMA & FC