Kano State Water Board (KnSWB) invites interested firms to express interest by tendering pre-qualification documents for the following works:
Kano State Water Board (KnSWB) is a Water supply establishment under Kano State Government. It's responsible for provision of potable water supply for domestic and industrial purposes for Urban and semi-urban areas.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification for Works: Lot 1 - Contract Works for Construction of New Intake, Power Supply, Workshop and Stores in Kano State
2022 - 01/KSWB/AFD CNG 1054/WC/Lot 1
Agency: Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
The Kano State Water Board (here in after called "client") has received funds from Agence Française de Développement ("AFD") toward the cost of the 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project in Kano State and it intends to apply part of the funds to payments under the contract for "Lot 1 Contract works for Construction of New Intake, Power Supply, Workshop and Stores in Kano State" (Contract No: 2022-01/KSWB/AFD CNG 1054/WC/Lot 1).
The Employer intends to pre-qualify firms for Works Package 1: Lot 1 Contract Works for Construction of New Intake, Power Supply, Workshop and Stores in Kano State which comprise the following:
- Construction of 250 MLD New Raw Water Intake Station
- Rehabilitation of Power Supply and Stand-by Facilities
- Upgrading Central Workshops Maintenance Capabilities of the Technical Services Division
- Rehabilitation of Central Stores Facility
A detailed Description of the scope of Works is in the Prequalification Document. It is expected that invitations for bid will be made in June 2022.
The main pre-qualification criteria area the following:
- Company's Status of Registration in the client's country.
- Nationality and Eligibility as per AFD and EIB requirements:
- No termination of a contract as a result of Applicant's default in the past five (5) years;
- Not under suspension from bidding by the Employer based on execution of a Bid Securing Declaration;
- Pending litigation shall in total not represent more than one hundred percent (100%) of the Applicant's net worth and shall be treated as resolved against the Applicant;
- Financial capabilities:
- Access to financial means sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as two and half million Euros (2,500,000 Euros);
- Meet the cash flow requirements on works currently in progress and for future contract commitments;
- Current soundness of the Applicant's financial position;
- Minimum average Annual Turnover of ten million Euros (10,000,000Euros) for the last five (5) years;
- General Construction experience related to works under this lot for at least the last five (5) years;
- Specific experience: The applicant should demonstrate specific construction experience for water works related to this assignment:
- Completion of two similar contracts with a value of 5 million Euros each in last 7 years;
- Design and build and construction works and commissioning of large water supply system including pumping stations, civil structures and related assets;
The full criteria are available in the pre-qualification documents.
Application Closing Date
Collection of Documents
The pre-qualification document can be purchased at the below address by paying Euro 50 or the sum of thirty thousand naira (N30.000.00) in local currency at:
Address: Engr. Ibrahim Usman Dederi,
Kano State Water Board,
No. 675, Kofar Nassarawa, Kano,
Engr. Abdul Azeez Umar Office Complex,