The Management of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) invites interested competent, experienced and reputable Audit firms to submit expression of interest for engagement as External Auditors.
A) Scope of Work
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority is a public sector parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Aviation. Therefore, the scope of its audit work is in conformity with the requirements of a public sector auditing, Specifically, the Audit Firms shall audit the accounts of the Authority in line with the relevant Standards on Auditing and issue audit opinion thereon. In addition to the above, the Audit Firms shall prepare a management letter, in which they shall:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, systems and controls that were examined during the course of the audit;
- Identify specific deficiencies or areas of weakness in systems and controls, and make recommendations for their improvement;
- Report on the degree of compliance of the financial transactions of the Authority with relevant extant rules, regulations as well as laws and give comments, if any, on internal and external matters affecting such compliance;
- Communicate matters that have come to their attention during the audit which might have a significant impact on the operations of the Authority;
- Give comments on the extent to which outstanding issues/qualifications issues have been addressed;
- Give comments on previous audits’ recommendations that have not been satisfactorily implemented; and
- Bring to the attention of the Authority any other matters that the Audit Firms consider pertinent.
Ideally, the management letter should also include responses from the Authority to the issues highlighted by the Audit Firms.
B) Minimum Qualification and Experience
The requisite qualifications of the key officers of the Audit Firms shall include but not limited to the following:
C) General Requirements
- Statutorily recognised professional accounting qualification(s);
- Membership, in good standing, of a body of Accountants affiliated to the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC);
- Must have at least three years experience in the audit of a public sector organisation in Nigeria;
- Verifiable familiarity with SAGE accounting package, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Good communication skills.
- Any other relevant qualification and experience.
Interested prospective Audit Firms are required to submit the following documents:
D) Additional Information
- Evidence of registration of the firm with the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation.
- Evidence of registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
- Evidence of registration of the firm with Corporate Affairs Commission ICAC), and being up to date with relevant annual returns.
- Verifiable evidence of similar public sector engagements successfully executed within the last three (3) years showing addresses of such clients with turnover in excess of N5,000,000,000 Five Billion Naira) and dates of the engagements. Please include copies of letters of such appointment.
- Current Year Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Sworn affidavit in line with the provisions of Part IV, Section 16, Subsection 6(e and f) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 as applicable to consulting firms.
- Evidence of registration and up to date remittance of employee Pension Fund Contribution in line with the provisions of Part IV, Section 16, Subsection 6(d) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- Company Profile indicating names, qualifications and experience of key personnel.
- Evidence of registration with relevant professional bodies.
E) Closing Date/Submission of Bid
- The EOI indicating technical descriptions and methodology should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the firm’s name indicated at the back of the envelope.
- Only shortlisted firms whose EOI meet the above requirements shall be invited to obtain Request for Proposal.
- Firms are free to provide any other useful information that may show their ability to carry out the assignment satisfactorily.
Bids are to be clearly marked ‘Confidential Ref: NCAA/DFA/FIN/001/012’ addressed to
The Secretary Tenders Board
Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House, P. M. B. 21029, 21038, Ikeja-Lagos
TEL: +234- 1-4721521 and Fax:+234- 1- 2790421
and dropped into a bid box provided at the door step of NCAA Conference Hall at the above address within the hours of 8am and 4pm Mondays to Fridays except on public holidays.
Please note that:
- The assignment is a joint audit assignment.
- Due diligence shall be conducted.
- All correspondences are expected to bear the reference number shown above
- Non-compliance with provisions of this advertisement will render any submission non-responsive.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NCAA, nor shall it entitle an interested audit firm to make any claims whatsoever and or seek any indemnity from NCAA by virtue of such audit firm having responded to this advert.
- Submitted EOIs shall be opened by 12 noon at the conference room of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, Aviation House. Ikeja - Lagos two weeks from the date of this publication.