Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) invites interested and reputable contractors to indicate an expression of interest and apply for the pre-qualification of the following works:
Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy. Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification - Engineering, Procurement and Construction on Bonga Main Topsides Modification for Bonga North Project (EPC 1)
Tender Number: CW497615
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) an Operator of NNPC OML 118, invites interested and reputable contractors to indicate an expression of interest and apply for the pre-qualification, for consideration to tender (with reference number CW497615) for Topsides Modification of Bonga FPSO as part of the Bonga North field development Project.
The block has an area of approximately 1,200 km2 and located about 120km from the coast, in water depths ranging from 900m -1300m. The field development is a subsea tie back to the Bonga Main FPSO with a production flow loop (4 Production Drill centres) and a single water injection flowline (3 water Injection Drill centres). Also included is the modification and upgrade of the topsides ancillary facilities, utilities and control systems on the Bonga FPSO to facilitate the onboarding and safe operation of Bonga North field.
SNEPCo hereby invites only capable, reputable and competent Nigerian Companies (herein referred to as “Respondents”) with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to be considered for inclusion for pre-qualification and thereafter shortlisting and inclusion in the bid list.
Overview / Scope of Work
The scope of work involves brownfield Modification of Bonga Main FPSO. The scopes shall include but is not limited to the design Engineering, Procurement, transportation, fabrication, offshore installation and commissioning of the Bonga North Topsides and the integration with other project hardware delivered by separate work packages, namely Umbilicals, Flowlines and Riser and Subsea Hardware that will be tied back to the Bonga Main FPSO.
The systems and the associated equipment listed below shall be modified on the existing Bonga main FPSO as follows:
- Production Inlet Flowline System: 2 x Oil Production Boarding valve, 1 x Boarding Valve Panel, Inlet Manifold tie-in, 2x pig launcher/pig receiver; 2 x Smart chokes; Interconnecting piping; Riser pull-in/hang-off interface; 2 x Multiphase flowmeters and Tie-in to existing test header.
- Dead Oil Circulation System: Piping tie-in to Bonga Main Dead Oil System; Shut down valve and instrumentation
- Gaslift System: 2 x 4” boarding valves, Tie-in to gaslift header, Flowmeter, Flow Control Valve, Pressure Control Valve.
- Waterflood injection system: 1 x Gas Turbine driven Waterflood Injection pump Package (4500 psi); Upgrade one Waterflood injection pump to higher pressure (4500 psi); 1 x Waterflood Injection Boarding valve; interconnecting piping; power & controls cabling; Riser pull-in /hang-off interface.
- Chemical Injection System: 4x Methanol pumps; 2 x Corrosion Inhibitor pumps; interconnecting piping; power & controls cabling; Tubing.
- Subsea Equipment on Topsides: Topsides Umbilical Panel Assembly (TUPA), Gaslift Topsides Umbilical Panel Assembly, 1 x Hydraulic Power & Control Unit (HPU/HCU) package; medusa head interface hook-ups; 2 x dynamic Umbilical hang-off interface
- Switchgear & Subsea Control Building and power system; Electrical High Voltage, Motor Control Centre (MCC), Low Voltage Switch Board, Low Voltage Motor Control Centre (MCC), Transformers, etc. Controls cabinets, Distributed Control System (DCS), Master Control Station (MCS), Emergency Safety System (ESS), Fire and Gas (F & G), Process Safety Control System (PSCS), Subsea Control Unit (SCU), Human Machine Interface (HMI), etc.)
- Utilities: Tie-in to Fire water, Potable water, Instrument air, Diesel & Fuel Gas Systems, etc.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified and active in the Product Group: 4.06.01 (Management and Provision of all Facilities Engineering, Modification and Maintenance Services for a Site/Platform) in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in these categories who can also prove with requisite evidences, will receive Invitation to Tender (ITT).
- To confirm if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for. Open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) to do business, contact NipeX office at 8, Bayo Kuku Road, Ikoyi Lagos with your NUPRC certificate as evidence for necessary update
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
In addition to the mandatory requirements above, only those respondents able to demonstrate and substantiate with relevant verifiable documents of proven experience (within or outside Nigeria), available resources, and readiness to undertake the Work will be considered for the subsequent formal tendering phase. The following criteria apply to the pre-qualification of respondents:
A.) Technical Capability & HSE Management:
- Provide a list (with values) of all major Brownfield EPC Projects with contract involving major brownfield modification in an offshore platform or live FPSO within the last 5years executed in the Deepwater Offshore environment of minimum 800metres water depth and potential future major projects being considered;
- Provide evidence of at least 5years’ experience in Engineering Design & Detailed Engineering for brownfield Deepwater projects on FPSO Topsides similar to scope summary in section (overview / scope of work) above;
- Provide evidence of participation/execution supply of package equipment like (Valves, piping, flanges, fittings, and Structural materials), Package equipment (e.g. Gas Turbine Driven Waterflood Injection Pump, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, Chemical Injection Pump Systems, Transformers, Switchgears, Control Methanol pump, Hydraulic Power Unit; in the last 5years
- Provide evidence of its in-country owned or nominated fabrication yard of minimum 100,000 sqm, facilities with a quayside hard standing with length minimum of 150m & 6m minimum draft, and gantry crane capacity of 80MT;
- Provide evidence of fabrication of Topsides structures, Piping and skid/Offshore switchgear control modules. This shall include number of years of experience, details of actual tonnage, project value, clients, and reference contacts;
- Provide evidence of Deepwater installation (execution and delivery) of large modules such as Switchgear & Subsea Control Building (SSCB), Package equipment module (e.g. Waterflood injection pump) and up to 100MT piping in on offshore topsides in the last 5 years detailing the project scope and where such was performed;
- Provide evidence of offshore Deepwater installation, systems completion (including mechanical completion, static commissioning, and system integration testing) and pre-commissioning of similar brownfield topsides scope executed in the last 5years detailing the project scope and asset name, location and client;
- Provide evidence of execution/delivery of Electrical scope, Instrumentation and control system integration/operation via a Main Automation Contractor (MAC) in an operating Oil and Gas facility in the last 8 years within a Deepwater offshore environment detailing the project scope and where such was performed;
- Provide evidence of valid Quality Management System in compliance with the requirements of ISO 9001 and certified by ISO approved and registered quality assurance company. Evidence of valid ISO 9001 certificate should be attached;
- Provide evidence of HSSE Management System, Social Performance (SP) Plan and Worker Welfare Management Plan for a similar executed project in the past 5 years and the company interfaces with Subcontractors HSE system.
B.) Regulatory Compliance:
- Address of Registered Office in Nigeria and Name of Legal Entity;
- Registration Number & Category (include CAC Form C02 & C07 and NUPRC Permit and COREAN CERTIFICATES);
- Provide documentary evidence of a liaison/partnership with a Nigerian registered company where any consortium partner is not registered in NipeX;
- Name and address of the Ultimate Holding Contractor (if the Respondent is a subsidiary member of a group); Respondent’s office for this work;
- A valid Tax clearance for the past 3 years
C.) Financial Capability:
Nigerian Content Requirements
- Provide Company audited financial statements for the last three (3) years. Please provide translations where accounts are published in a language other than English.
- Provide Financial Statements of Operating (not trading) Company and Ultimate Guarantor (e.g. Parent, holding companies etc.)
- Provide confirmation letter from all financial institution(s) that have provided short-term financing to the respondent up to US$200 million and details of existing third-party loans or guarantees (if any).
- Provide evidence of Project Finance Plan for the executed work for the contract duration, including confirmation of financiers’ available line of credits, bank overdrafts and similar facilities.
- Provide other significant financial arrangements and state the values: (a)Third party borrowings; (b)Inter-company loans; (c)Hire purchase agreements; (d)Government grants; (e)Debt Factoring Facility and (f)any other (please specify).
- Provide details and potential values of any disputes currently in process with (a) Any Shell company (b) Any other Operator (Oil/Gas Company) and (c) Any other company not mentioned in (a) and (b).
The respondent must ensure full compliance with the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act, 2010 as laid out in the Nigerian Content section below. Respondent should educate themselves on the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act, 2010. Non-compliance will disqualify respondent from further consideration:
- Respondent shall be Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria;
- Furnish details and supporting documentation of company ownership and shareholding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms CO2 and CO7, registration on NOGIC JQS and Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) certificate
- Respondent shall domicile 100% man-hours of Detailed Engineering (inclusive of Process Automation and Control engineering scope) through the utilisation of Engineering Services Company with COREN practicing license;
- Respondent shall domicile 100% manhours of Project Management in-country not limited to Interface management, Project control, planning, HSSE in accordance with Nigerian content regulatory requirements;
- All fabrication and construction activity shall be domiciled 100% in-country. Respondent shall achieve 100% topside weight fabrication (structures placed on the module support stools) in Nigerian fabrication yards;
- Respondent shall perform 100% In-country integration scope for all modules, including equipment (pumps etc) that would be procured and shipped from OEM locations into Nigeria;
- All procurement of items not limited Low Voltage and High Voltage cables, paints and protective coating, sacrificial anodes, blasting abrasive grit, valves, cable trays & ladders, flanges & fittings, steel ropes etc. shall be procured through vendors with in-country functional manufacturing and assembly facilities having valid NCEC for manufacturing and assemblage for the applicable product category;
- Utilization of only Nigerian companies for all 3rd party services not limited to, QA/QC inspection & testing, Electrical and Instrumentation, Non Destructive Testing/Non Destructive Examination, mechanical laboratory test, freight forwarding, pre-commissioning, weighing & Center of Gravity, loadout & transportation, line pipe coating, static & dynamic commissioning, welding of Corrosion Resistant alloy pipeline, intelligent pipeline pigging, Medivac, catering & housekeeping, helicopter/aviation services, system completion first fills & consumables, etc;
- All OEM and vendor related equipment (not limited to all systems package, pumps, boarding valves, control & shutdown valves, etc) shall be procured through Nigerian vendors with valid NCEC issued by NCDMB and a valid Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC) permit for the product / service category;
- Respondent shall give first consideration and provide binding Memorandum of agreement with Nigerian Indigenous service company and local vendors with valid NCEC for Design, assembly and testing in-country of the DCS and PSCS (i.e. ICSS/PACO) packages (not limited to Controls cabinets, Master Control Station (MCS), Emergency Safety System (ESS), Fire and Gas (F & G), Process Safety Control System (PSCS), Subsea Control Unit (SCU), Human Machine Interface (HMI), etc, Switchgear & Subsea Control Building and power system; Electrical High Voltage, Motor Control Centre (MCC), Low Voltage Switch Board, Low Voltage Motor Control Centre (MCC), Transformers, etc.);
- First consideration to be given to Nigerian-owned Flotel, and all support Vessels to be utilized for the work scope. All Vessels shall be hired from only vendors having valid Category of Nigerian Content Marine Vessel Certificate for the particular vessel.
Non- compliance with Nigerian Content will constitute reason not to pre-qualify the vendor.
Application Closing Date
Only those are registered and active in the NJQS in the relevant Product/Service category 4.06.01 as at 7th June 2022 being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit pre-qualification bid.
- Suppliers eligible for this opportunity are expected to be prequalified and active in the NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
- NNPC/ Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
This advertisement is not an invitation to tender for the above services. There is no commitment or obligation, implied or otherwise, for SNEPCo to issue a tender or enter into a contract. Participation in the pre-qualification exercise does not construe or imply any commitment to any party or entitle any party to any indemnity or any form of payment from SNEPCo.
NCDMB Certification of Authorization Number: ES/NCDMB/SNEPCO/ADV/UPD/260422 Engineering, Procurement and Construction on Bonga Main Topsides Modification for Bonga North Project (EPC 1).