Street Child invites applications from skilled and experienced individual or company that can carry out various kinds of surveys and gather information from like-minded humanitarian organizations operating mainly in Northeast, Northwest and South.
Street Child is an international not-for-profit, non-governmental organization, established in 2008 and aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world's most vulnerable children. Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the lives of more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Nepal. In 2017 we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the Northeast to access education.
We invite applications from qualified consultants for:
Job Title: Human Resources Consultant - Terms of Reference (ToR)
Purpose of the Consultancy
- We are recruiting an experienced and dynamic consultant to assess and restructure our salary and benefits to make them more competitive and applicable with the market.
Background to Consultancy
- Street Child has its own salary scale and benefits for the local staff working here in Nigeria. Considering the nation’s current economic realities, the organization believes that it needs to be reviewed and restructured accordingly
- We are searching for a skilled and experienced individual or company that can carry out various kinds of surveys and gather information from like-minded humanitarian organizations operating mainly in Northeast, Northwest and South
- Competitive salary scale and benefits is expected to suffice and resolve this uncertainty that the staffs are experiencing day by day.
Scope of Consultancy
The key objectives of the Human Resources consultant will be:
- Conduct baseline review of Street Child’s current salary scale, benefits, and allowances.
- Carry out various surveys, data collection and information gathering from peer organizations working in Northeast, Northwest, and South of Nigeria.
- Conduct comparisons and recommend priorities for our organization and its sustainability.
- Develop a competitive salary scale and benefits table comparable to peer organizations.
- Recommend and improvement or best practices relating to benefits and allowances.
- The consultant will produce a detailed report containing the Consultant’s evaluation and recommendations.
- This report will be presented to the Street Child country leadership team so that decisions based on the recommendations can be made at that meeting.
Duration and Timeline:
- The consultancy will begin on 21st November, 2022 and will expire on 21st December, 2022. During this period, the consultant is required to complete all the deliverables and submit the final report to the Street Child management.
Supervision and Guidance:
- The Consultant will be expected to be self-motivated and able to work independently. Supervision and support will be provided by the Country Director and the Operations Manager.
- Additionally, the Operations Manager will provide a general induction to the work of Street Child, relevant background documents, and links to the relevant files.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least five years experience in human resources, including development salary scale, benefits, allowances, and other human resources strategies for international NGOs in Nigeria.
- Experience in undertaking human resources surveys, information gathering and information analysis and evaluation.
- Experience in strategic planning and organisational development.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Availability to fulfil the role and tasks within the stipulated timeframe.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Consultants should prepare a Proposal on how they meet the criteria above by writing a Statement of Interest of no more than 1000 words that clearly addresses each of the bullet points above and how your background and experiences make you the most suitable candidate. Also, propose a modality, timeline, and activity-based costing for your consultancy.
Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org including a detailed CV and evidence of previous work experience of similar nature.
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants who do not provide this information in the format we have requested will not be shortlisted for interview.