As part of its Justice Sector Reform programme, the Lagos State Government employs Verbatim Reporters “VRs” with modern stenographic equipment. This pioneering project is to ensure that accurate records of judicial and other official proceedings are made available to interested parties within a reasonable period of time. It is also to enhance confidence in the public records of the State and achieve considerable improvement in the efficiency of the State courts.
For the sustenance of this programme, the Lagos State Government seeks the services of a competent professional organization to undertake the following:
- Management of a Training Centre for VRs;
- Review of training guidelines and Curricula;
- Procurement and installation of Stenographic equipment and software as may be required from time to time;
- Recruitment of candidates and training as VRs; and
- Facilitation of the deployment of VRs to Courts upon attaining the appropriate levels of speed and industry.
It is expected that the Centre under management will utilize a combination of tutors and e-learning technology to provide the most speedy and efficient training regime.
The Ministry of Justice therefore invites interested Organizations with relevant experience and expertise to submit Expressions of Interest.
Applicants must possess a track record of relevant experience and expertise, reform orientation and ability to develop the required management and training processes.
The EOI must include the following information:
- Name, Address and Profile of Applicant with resume of key staff;
- Certificate of Incorporation or Registration;
- Evidence of Tax Payments in the past three years;
- Documentation of Relevant Experience in the field and brand of preferred equipment; and
- Statement of Financial Capacity.
6th November, 2012.
Please note that the above listed documents must be submitted at the Office of the Attorney General Commissioner for Justice, Ministry of Justice, Block 2, “The Secretariat” Alausa, Ikeja-Lagos.
The Solicitor General & Permanent Secretary Ministry of Justice