John Snow Incorporated (JSI) is making a Request for Quotations from qualified Bidders for Procurement of Logistics for MRITE Activity in Imo State. Interested bidders should possess relevant qualifications.
John Snow, Incorporated (JSI) - We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotations for Procurement of Logistics for MRITE Activity in Imo
RFQ Number: JSI-2022-14-11-M-RITE PROJECT (Procurement of Logistic for Activity)
Location: JSI Office in Orlu and Orsu LGAs, Imo
JSI-Payment Terms: Within 30 days of delivery and presentation of completed, signed invoice and delivery note.
- Imo State has been in the limelight for insecurity in recent times. All 27 LGAs are prone to different and varying degrees of security concerns, ranging from kidnapping for ransom, cult and political killings, to selective killing of healthcare workers.
- In Orlu and Orsu LGAs, all government presence and vaccination interventions are considered taboo/sacrilegious and any attempt to promote government-led activities are fatally resisted. Health Facilities are razed and vaccines are carried in sacks and concealed for use. The LGAs authority, with its limited funding, conveys eligible persons to travel out of the two LGAs to assess health care services including COVID-19 vaccine.
- M-RITE conducted a zero-dose analysis for COVID-19 in Imo state, and the results show only 21% and 16% of eligible persons were vaccinated in Orlu and Orsu LGAs respectively. M-RITE plans to support the Orlu and Orsu government health authorities with car rentals as needed to complement the 2 LGAs to transport eligible populations to nearby LGAs to access COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Expected results: Between 100,000 to 150,000 zero dose eligible persons vaccinated for COVID-19 in Orlu and Orsu LGAs, this will contribute to a sharp increase in the COVID-19 coverage in Imo state by an additional 15%. Imo will then edge closer to achieving 70% of the national target by March 2023.
Based on projections of what is to be achieved in the Concept, the logistics for Transport (bus hires) and Feeding (provision of snacks) are as follows:
Transportation (Bus Hires)
- Orsu LGA: Daily 33 buses conveying 30 persons in each bus (30 seater bus) from Orsu to the safest LGA of vaccination (Oru West or Mbaitoli or Owerri West LGA) as full-day hire. Activity to run for 40 days in February and March 2023. That is, a total of 33 x 30 = 990 persons conveyed daily in 33 buses. And grand total of 33 x 30 x 40 = 39,600 persons conveyed in 40 days of the entire activity.
- Orlu LGA: Daily 47 buses conveying 30 persons in each bus (30-seater bus) from Orlu to the safest LGA of vaccination (Njaba or Mbaitoli or Owerri Municipal LGA) as full-day hire. Activity to run for 40 days in February and March 2023. That is, a total of 47 x 30 = 1,410 persons conveyed daily in 47 buses. And grand total of 47 x 30 x 40 = 56,400 persons conveyed in 40 days of the entire activity.
Click here to view more details (MS Word)
- Orsu LGA: Daily snacks to 990 persons at the safest LGA of vaccination (Oru West or Mbaitoli or Owerri West LGA). Activity to run for 40 days in February and March 2023. That is, a grand total of 990 x 40=39,600 persons provided with snacks in 40 days of the entire activity.
- Orlu LGA: Daily snacks to 1,410 persons at the safest LGA of vaccination (Njaba or Mbaitoli or Owerri Municipal LGA) as full-day hire. Activity to run for 40 days in February and March 2023. That is, a grand total of 47x30x40=56,400 persons provided with snacks in 40 days of the entire activity.
Click here to view more details (MS Word)
- Transportation of 96,000 zero-dose persons to 6 Orlu-Orsu-neighbouring LGAs over 40 days for vaccination.
- Provision snacks to the 96,000 vaccinees at 6 Orlu-Orsu-neighbouring LGAs over 40 days.
- JSI office in Orlu and Orsu LGAs, Imo State.
Requirement / Evaluation Criteria
Bidders are expected to submit properly signed financial bid with company’s letter head paper:
- Delivery Period
- Validity period of quote
- Warranty period
- Any add on services.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Bidders should send their Financial Bids to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Bid Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information (MS Word)
- The Financial bids must be in NGN
- Following the requirement of the Federal Government of Nigeria, John Snow Incoperated (JSI) will deduct 5% withholding tax from the total contractual sum. Also, note that JSI- is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and is VAT exempted.
- JSI reserves the right to reject any or all bids if it fails to meet the criteria or submitted after the stipulated closing date.
- Only successful bidder(s) shall be notified and will be asked to sign a Local Purchase Order (Contract document) with John Snow Incoperated. Note, this RFQ, does not in any way translate to a contract.
- Note that any submission made after the stipulated date will not be considered.