The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for Digital Consultancy, E-Learning & Videos & Development of IPC E-Learning Content Consultant in the Global Fund Project. Interested consultants should possess a Degree in Public Health, Infection Prevention and Control, or a relevant Educational Degree or qualification with 2 years work experience.
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for Digital Consultancy, E-Learning & Videos & Development of IPC E-Learning Content Consultant in the Global Fund Project
- A learning management system is an essential part of a public-serving institution like NCDC. In 2020, the NCDC developed its first-ever IPC online training platform to address the COVID-19 IPC capacity needs of health workers, especially in hard-to-reach areas.
- This platform was utilized across the three levels of health, and the public, till it experienced a data breach and had to be closed.
- The demand for such services continues to linger amongst health workers and the general population of Nigerians.
- It is pertinent, not just to revive the online training system, but to improve on the previous system with a more robust, and Internet-secure system.
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is a critical pillar in health due to the responsibility towards building the IPC capacity of health workers and work towards reducing / preventing diseases in Health facilities and amongst the populace through various methods.
- As one of the approaches to improve the IPC capacity of healthcare workers in Nigeria, an online learning platform aimed at building IPC capacity of participants especially at the lower levels of Health care and the public unable to access physical IPC capacity building sessions is required.
Overview and Objectives
- The overall objective of the assignment is to further disseminate Infection Prevention and Control knowledge and awareness in Nigeria through an online learning program. In support of this objective, the NCDC seeks the development of three (3) compelling and interactive online learning modules Course using existing NCDC content material on “Infection Prevention and Control”.
- This course is meant for healthcare workers and the public; designed to be carried out through a series of modules delivered in a self-paced format. Each module is expected to be designed to be housed on the Moodle platform of Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
The online learning modules will address the following:
- Module 1: ”People and Systems – The Behavioral and Systematic Components of IPC”: This module would deals with the behavioral issues and components relating to Infection Prevention and control.
- Every Infection prevention and control programme needs a strong leadership and team to drive its programme. It also needs a dedicated management with the right idea of IPC and how it translates to patient safety and care.
- This module highlights on how behaviors and systems translate to promoting IPC in healthcare facilities
- Module 2: ”Setting up an IPC programme and IPC Assessment”: This module relates generally to setting up a functional IPC programme and carrying out IPC assessments both in health facilities and at States.
- Module 3: ”IPC in specific areas”: This entails IPC during transmission-based precautions and other specific areas.
- The e-learning module will be used to build the capacity of healthcare providers and practitioners in the field of Infection Prevention and Control.
- An individual,
- At least 5 years of working experience
- Experience working directly with national and subnational government ministries, agencies, and departments
Core Competencies of the Media Cooperation and Team:
- Graphic design skills
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Audio and video editing
- Proficiency translating technical content into videos tailored for various audiences
- Understanding of e-learning platforms, including Moodle
- Past production of eLearning videos
- Proven experience in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) capacity building
- Proven understanding and technical expertise in IPC
The proposal should provide the following information:
- At least one/two examples of past video productions they have directly designed and produced.
- Examples showing different cultural environments are preferred;
- At least three examples of past training content they have directly designed and produced.
- Examples showing different cultural environments are preferred;
- Demonstrated competency with developing and producing videos for training purposes
- Financial proposal, including a detailed quotation for the production of the training videos;
- Proposed workplan and processes for developing an e-learning course.
The Individual / Company will need to:
- Provide digital consultancy including development and transfer of offline storyboards to online versions.
- Meeting (online or offline) with NCDC to discuss the content of the videos. NCDC will finalise and provide the narrative for animation, including the script.
- Meeting with NCDC to discuss the content of the videos. NCDC will provide detailed instructions and inspiration for each section of each module.
- Develop a Technical and Cost proposal for the production of the animation;
- Develop detailed story board concept(s);
- Present 2 rounds of drafts to the NCDC project lead;
- Revise drafts based on feedback from the NCDC project lead;
- Deliver source files – video files and any design files.
Roles and responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of IPC E-learning Consultant are as outlined below:
- Support NCDC in the synthesis and development of the e-learning course objectives
- Analyze and undertake a review of the existing training module and provide suggestions for improvement
- Design the course contents as stipulated, reflecting knowledge and capacity of the target participants. The course design should incorporate mechanisms for participant feedback at the end of the training modules.
- Work closely and provide guidance to the multi-media team in designing each module to include visually engaging graphic or other multi-media tools such as audio and visual clips, animation, etc.
- Work closely with NCDC IT and IPC team in transferring modules onto the moodle digital platform to be used as the E-learning platform
- Support NCDC to test the modules when developed on the target participants, and make necessary revisions to improve module content.
- A Degree in Public Health, Infection prevention and control or a relevant Educational Degree or qualification
- Minimum of 2 (Two) years of experience in the development of online learning modules/content
- Strong industry knowledge of technology and development in the field of e-learning
- Candidate must have previously worked with Infection Prevention and Control programs.
- Familiarity with e-learning platform: Moodle Learning Platform is desirable
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and highly motivated
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, Federal Government of Nigeria, NCDC or relevant public sector
- Must have good written and oral English language skills.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 1st July, 2023 - 12 noon.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Proposals to:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse zone 4, Abuja.
Click here for more information
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link: Here (pdf)
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgment and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal.
- The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Kindly indicate the position of interest” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below after filling the Bid register in front of the reception.
- The Receptionist will guide the candidates on the assigned bid box to submit the proposal. of NACA where the bid box assigned.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.