Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) is requesting for Expression of Interest (REOI) for the Engagement of a Communications and Knowledge Management Firm. Interested firms should possess relevant qualifications.
Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED), a Non-Governmental Organization; is a global health and development organization focused on improving the growth and development of populations through strengthening governance and democratic processes, conduct of empirical research to generate evidence and implementation of sustainable programs.
FRED requests applications for Expression of Interest (EOI) for:
Assignment Title: Engagement of a Communications and Knowledge Management Firm
Reference Number: EOIFRED2023/1111
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Vacancy Type: Remote
Duration: Three (3) months
Grant Number: 00114694
Project: Spotlight Initiative
Category: Consulting Services
- The EU-UN Spotlight Initiative/UNDP through its partner Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) is implementing the Spotlight Initiative project which aims to mobilize communities to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in Nigeria, to achieve gender equality and women’s empowerment, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The consulting services ("the Services") includes promoting access to reporting of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria and supporting the strategic development of diverse communication contents as well as tracking the effect of these contents on the use of the NHRC shortcode.
- The EU-UN Spotlight Initiative/UNDP through its partner Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the service (company profile/brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
Applications to be submitted by the firms will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Consultant’s general qualification
- Relevant experience and qualification of key staff
- Relevant competence and experience of the firm
- Experience in the region and sector
Please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest, fraud and corruption related to this assignment:
- Relationship with FRED: consultants that have a close business or family relationship with a professional staff of FRED who are directly or indirectly involved in any part of: (i) the preparation of the TOR for the assignment, (ii) the selection process for the contract, or (iii) the supervision of such contract may not be awarded a contract, unless the conflict stemming from this relationship has been resolved in a manner acceptable to FRED throughout the selection process and the execution of the contract.
- You shall not engage in offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving gratuities, favors, gifts or anything else of value to influence the action of any person involvement in a procurement process or contract execution.
- You shall not engage in misrepresenting or omitting facts to influence the procurement process or the execution of a contract.
- You shall not engage in schemes or arrangement between two or more bidders, with or without the knowledge of FRED, designed to establish bid prices at artificial, non-competitive levels.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
The Consultant for this assignment will be selected in accordance with the consultant’s qualifications-based selection method.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
- National Human Right Commission (NHRC) in collaboration with FRED with funding from EU-UN Spotlight Initiative automated a case response management equipped with a toll-free line which has increased the reportage of cases on human right violation and on sexual and gender violence (SGBV). Since its inception in 2020, the NHRC toll-free line has recorded over 30,000 calls with at least a third related to sexual and gender violence and violations.
- To further improve use of the NHRC toll-free number and subsequently to increase the reporting of SGBV. In 2022, the NHRC applied to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to obtain a short code (6472) representing NHRC as the operational line of the toll-free line.
- The short code- 6472 has operated in combination with the long code – 08006472428 to ensure a seamless integration. Since its deployment, there has been limited promotion of the NHRC short code across Nigeria. Given the successful integration and operationalization of the NHRC short, it is imperative to strategically create awareness and promote the short code among the Nigerian populace especially victims of SGBV.
- As part of the support under the activity to promote access to reporting of sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative/UNDP through its partner the Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development is looking for a Communications & Knowledge Management Firm to support the strategic development of diverse communication contents as well as track the effect of these contents on the use of the HNRC short code.
- The Communications & Knowledge Management Firm will be supervised by the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation with support from the Abuja-based Senior Technical Advisor, SGBV.
- The firm/organization will also be responsible for supporting the EU-UN Spotlight Initiative and the UNDP in maximizing its investment toll-free line for SGBV.
Goals and Objectives
- To create awareness and promote the short code among the Nigerian populace especially victims of SGBV.
- To increase the reporting of SGBV among victims in Nigeria.
- Airing of NHRC short code on through radio jingles across at least 3 radio stations with widespread coverage
- Airing of TV adverts on at least 2 TV stations with widespread coverage
- Posting of NHRC short code on at least 4 social media outlets (twitter, facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- A synthesis coverage report on the adverts and number of views/hits of the adverts
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications & Knowledge Management Firm will be responsible for the following duties:
- Engagement of young girls and women on development of radio, TV, and social media adverts.
- Development of script for radio jingles in native Nigerian languages (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Pidgin) and English.
- Development of script for TV advert in native Nigerian languages (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Pidgin) and English.
- Development of adverts for social media adverts.
- Airing of radio jingles in native Nigerian languages (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Pidgin) and English.
- Airing of TV adverts in native Nigerian languages (Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Pidgin) and English.
- Posting and boosting of adverts for social media platforms
- Tracking of calls on both the short and long codes.
- Prepare and submit raw and clean data in STATA and CSV format at the end of the survey, along with full data cleaning do files.
- Lead the design of culturally appropriate messages for diverse audience in Nigeria.
- Ensure logical sequence in the design of messages across different media.
- Identify relevant media houses with widest coverage to air approved radio jingles and TV adverts.
- Use relevant AI algorithms to track followership of adverts by different demographics across social media.
- Employ the use of AI algorithms to ensure most vulnerable women and girls are reached through various media outlets.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing, and implementing large scale audiovisual messages across multiple languages for international and national non-governmental organizations.
- At least three (3) years of experience in deploying and maintaining a call center is required.
- At least one team member, should have a master’s degree in communications and marketing and
- Fellowship in Strategic Behavioral Health Communication program is desired.
- Experience in designing public health and international development program messages (submission of past work will be required).
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data through social media is required.
- Professional experience in Digital Marketing.
- Experience in developing reports using infographics.
- Proficiency in developing content across different Nigerian languages.
- Demonstrable experience in use of AI analytics in abstracting user experience in viewership and followership of adverts across various media platforms.
- Experience working with web-based knowledge management/M&E systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English as well as understanding the cultural practices & language across Nigeria is required.
- Good people management attributes.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Models independent thinking, action with ability to get things done.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade, and transform.
- Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis.
- Practical expertise in audiovisual content messaging in public health and international development.
- Expertise in progress and narrative report writing and knowledge management.
- Strong experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and data analysis.
- Experience in formative research methodologies
- Well-developed skills in planning, prioritising, project management, partnership & relationship building.
- High degree of self-sufficiency and initiative
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified firms should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform this service in a sealed envelope to:
Attn: Obidiegwu Blessing Ogochukwu, Procurement Officer.
No. 4, Ikole Street,
Area 11, Garki-Abuja,
Submit via e-mail: email@example.com using the assignment title "Expression of Interest - Communications & Knowledge Management Firm" as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours (8am - 4pm) or via the email address above.