A Non-governmental Organization invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to express their interest for LUWASH Grants Program. Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
The USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) is a $44 million Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos, Nigeria. Through an integrated, market-based approach, LUWASH will work across the value chain of WASH services to bolster supply and manage demand within a strengthened framework of sector governance, financing, and regulated services. The activity aims to catalyze sector transformation and generate WASH service improvements for at least 4 million people in low-income communities and build a foundation for continued progress beyond LUWASH.
Applications are invited for
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for LUWASH Grants Program
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
USAID / Nigeria Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (LUWASH) Activity
- USAID/Nigeria Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (LUWASH) Activity, implemented by Chemonics International, is seeking expressions of interest from eligible organizations for participation in the LUWASH Activity.
- The primary aim of the LUWASH Activity is to increase the availability and sustainable management of safe and climate-resilient water and sanitation services in Lagos State.
- The project's overarching objective is to expand and improve urban WASH service delivery and infrastructure through strengthened governance, increased accountability, and improved financial and technical capabilities of public water utilities and private sector providers.
- The Project Comprises four Core Components:
- Governance and institutional arrangements strengthened to deliver improved WASH services.
- Improve Public and Non-State service provider performance.
- Increase access to safe and sustainable water services, and
- Increase household access to safe and sustainable sanitation and improve the quality of source water.
- LUWASH grants program will be implemented through the capacity building, research, and advocacy fund (CAREVO fund). These grants will help improve the sustainability of CBOs operations, enhance their opportunities for growth, and enable them to reach more households with safely managed WASH services in Lagos.
- The grants will focus on supporting eligible organizations that are providing WASH services improvement activities as Non-State Providers (NSPs), particularly in areas that are currently unreachable by the Lagos Water Corporation.
- The grant activities will be implemented within Lagos state and will offer an opportunity for collaboration with relevant state agencies and local small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to foster innovative approaches to WASH service delivery. These approaches may include collaborating on water quality and service standards with relevant state agencies.
- Furthermore, proposals demonstrating collaboration between Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) will receive favorable consideration. Similarly, existing Non-State Service Providers (NSPs) already providing WASH services will be favorably considered.
- The APS will be issued as a public notice to ensure that all interested and qualified organizations have a fair opportunity to submit applications for funding. Eligible organizations must be registered in Nigeria and compliant with all applicable civil and fiscal regulations. Eligible applicants may include Non-Governmental Organizations, Community-Based Organizations, Civil Society Organizations, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), University Researchers, Community Cooperatives, and the Private Sector.
The expression of interest must include the following information:
- The organization’s name, date established and address, registration number, and current registration status,
- A brief description of the organization and its activities should be provided.
- Additionally, it should include contact information, including the names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of an individual who will represent the organization at the pre-application workshop.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expressions of Interest to: NGA-LUWASH-Grants@Chemonics.com using the title as the subject of the mail.
- Expression of interest may not be longer than one page using Arial 12 font, single spacing (one space between sentences).
- The full APS will be forwarded to those who express their interest via the above email address.
- This APS.001 represents the first call for proposals within the LUWASH grants program, and there may be additional calls in the future as part of the program.