Our Institute is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other infectious diseases with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and the Federal Capital Territory. We require an organization capable of providing financial management capacity assessment for the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP).
Terms of Reference:
The objective of this financial management capacity assessment is to clearly identify where the gaps are between what Is actually being done and what should ideally be done by the finance team. This will involve critical assessment of the following key financial management areas
The consultant will be required to: -
- Planning and budgeting
- Accounts record-keeping
- Financial and grant reporting
- Financial controls
- Adequate staff capacity (Assess, build, and operate) a Suitable Accounting Software (Assess, install, and operate
- Assess suitability of the current finance system and make recommendations
- Assess the capabilities of the finance team
- Restructure the finance organogram (if need be).
- Review of job descriptions and profiles (skills, competence) for the finance team
- Assess the current finance policies and procedures (with emphasis on internal controls, fraud) and recommend areas for improvement
- Advise and make recommendations on effective and efficient budgeting, financial monitoring and grant management
- Share knowledge and document financial best practices with the Finance team and the management
- Review the physical security arrangement for cash, and documents including data back-up system
Instruction to Bidding:
- A clear report with key findings, suggested areas of improvements and recommendations
- Documentation of key gaps in the capacities of the finance team
- Suggest (Identify) suitable training for Finance team on weak areas identified
- Reviewed and improved financial internal controls
- Documented mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in financial management
- Recommend and implement an efficient and effective finance structure with capable staff
- Implement an accounting and management software for easy capture and reporting of financial transactions per grant or funding line.
- All bids must be in ink or type written; submission in pencil will not be accepted.
- All enquiries regarding the proposed application for the above should be directed to the Senior Procurement Officer of IHV-Nigeria.
- Blank bill of Quantities Is obtainable at the Procurement Unit for completion by each bidding contractor.
- Bids must be properly sealed.
- All bids must include company profile.
- Bids must include copies of tax clearance certificates for the past three years.
- Contractors must provide Performance bond from a reputable Insurance company preferably Goldlink Insurance Company Limited.
- All bids must provide evidence of at least two similar jobs made in the past for IHVN/other organizations etc.
- Contractors must provide proof of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Contractors must provide proof of registration with IHV-Nig
- Bids should be submitted to the head office on or before the date below specified as deadline.
- Any quote with percentage/calculation error will be disqualified at the ender meeting
- Bids should have the title of the project written on the “Top Left Hand Corner” of the envelope.
5th November, 2012
Bids should be submitted to:
Contact: Senior Procurement Officer
Procurement Unit/ Supply Chain Management Department
Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
Pent House. Mama Court, Plot 252, Herbert Macaulay Way
Central Business District
P.O. Box 9396, Garki, Abuja NIGERIA
Tel. +234 (0)9 4610342, 4610341 Fax: +234 (0)9 4610340
Website: www.ihvnigeria.org OR firstname.lastname@example.org