The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) invites interested Nigerian Companies within Niger Delta with relevant experience to submit proposals for consideration for Agricultural Credit Programme and Extension Services (general) Consultancy Services required for its 2012 Work Programme.
Scope of Work for Credit Delivery
- Create and update comprehensive data of all beneficiaries of the NDDC Agricultural Entrepreneurial Skills Development Programme in the Region since inception according to States and Local Government Areas.
- Identify and examine all participating credit Institutions involved in the Scheme with the view to determine their roles / functionality and continuity.
- Examine all existing MoUs guiding the Programme and seek reviews where necessary.
- Develop/ evolve strategies for a better implementation of the Programme.
- Identify suitable willing credit delivery institutions and link such with the Programme for better performance.
Scope of Work for Extension Services
- Provide Technical Support to farmers, especially on modem agricultural best practices.
- Serve as a source of linkage between local farmers and Research institutions in the Region.
- Create and provide data on all innovations in Agriculture on improved stocks suitable for the Niger Delta Region, including sources.
- Organize Extension Service Workshop for farmers in the region with adequate practical on-farm demonstration.
- Assist the Directorate of Agriculture & Fisheries to organize its annual Agricultural Shows.
Each interested Consultant as part of the Expression of Interest must supply the following documents/information with relevant verifiable evidence:
- Evidence of incorporation/registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Evidence of registration with NDDC. The Consultant is expected to have been registered with NDDC as at the date of this advert;
- Audited account of the company for the past three years
- Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for the past three (3) years;
- Evidence of presence in the Niger Delta region and experience of executing similar projects within the area for the past three (3) years;
- Evidence of good understanding of the peculiarities of the local environment especially in areas such as language affinity, effective community liaison potentials and details on local employment;
- Evidence of current inventory levels of equipment as maybe needed on an immediate call-out basis;
- Other information to facilitate the evaluation of the Consultant’s capability and track-record;
- Company’s contact person and address including e-mail and site addresses for verification;
- Letter of reference for similar projects done in the past and names / telephone numbers of contact persons;
- Evidence of VAT registration;
- Bank’s reference letter.
Consultants are expected to substantially comply with the above requirements as failure to comply fully may weaken the firms’ case. Consultants are to submit only genuine and verifiable documents, as fake or fraudulently obtained documents would be disqualified and the attention of the relevant security agencies may be called, if necessary. All submitted expression of interests would be evaluated on the basis of documents submitted and pre-qualification would be based on series of factors including consultants’ competence, experience and track record of performance.
5th November, 2012.
Other Relevant Information
All Submissions should be addressed to:
- The selection of consultants will follow the procedures outlined in the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- Only consultants that have been successfully pre-qualified would proceed to the next stage and the commission would notify them.
- Consultants who are not notified should assume that they have not been adjudged to cross the pre-qualification stage.
- Consultants can seek clarification or request for additional information by writing officially to the officer listed below, before the deadline for the submission of the EOI.
- Consultants are advised not to try to influence the selection process as this would lead to immediate disqualification of the Consultant and the
- Consultant may also be barred from seeking other contract opportunities from the Commission.
- All costs incurred by any Consultant in the preparation and submission of the Expression of Interest is to be borne entirely by the Consultant.
- NDDC reserves the right to reject any or all Expressions of interests and to terminate the entire selection process at any time without any liability to the Commission.
- The Expression of Interest must be submitted using the two stage bidding system with the Technical Bids in one sealed envelope and the Financial Bid in separate sealed envelope marked at the top left corner “Expression of Interest: NDDC: Agricultural Credit Programme Consultancy Services (2012)” to the address stated below:
Agriculture & Fisheries Directorate
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
167 Aba Road
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.