Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures plans to engage Provision of Domestic and International Leased Circuits between MPN locations both locally and internationally for an anticipated contract term of two (2) years with a one (1) year optional renewal period. Contract is expected to commence in 2012.
2) Scope of Work
This project covers the provision of leased Fiber and VSAT connectivity between MPN locations both locally and internationally. The connections are to support critical business voice, data and video communications on a continuous basis. The project will be in three parts as follows:
Part A - Provision of connectivity service to ExxonMobil MPLS network Point Of Presence (POP). Connectivity to the POP shall be considered from (but not limited to) the following locations:
- Mobil House, Lagos
- QIT, Akwa Ibom
- Eket, Akwalbom
- FOT Onne, Rivers
Part B - Provision of Domestic (National) Leased Fiber connectivity service to:
1. Interconnect ExxonMobil Nigeria Affiliates’ Operational Hubs, The hubs are:
- Mobil House, Lagos
- QIT/Eket, Akwa Ibom
- Apapa, Lagos
- FOT Onne, Rivers
2. Interconnect ExxonMobil Remote sites to the adjoining Operational hubs. The sites include but are not limited to:
Part C - Provision of International and Domestic Leased VSAT Circuits
- Erha FPSO
with option for Bandwidth on Demand service for (but not limited to):
- Erha FPSO to Lagos
- Erha FPSO — Houston
- Interconnection of Sites listed in Parts A & B
The general work scope for the project includes the following:
- Provision of VSAT, Fiber and Microwave leased capacity over the PROVIDER’s network.
- Provision and installation of related equipment.
- Maintenance and support of the overall infrastructure.
3) Mandatory Requirements
4) Nigerian Content
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the 3.01.12 (Telecommunication Services) or 3.11.20 (Telecommunication Installation /Support Services) category of the NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully prequalified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: visit www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product.
- If you are not listed in this product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments, and contact the NipeX office for further action
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian oil and gas industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
NNPC/MPN JV requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the Nigerian Content Development Monitoring Board.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
7he quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”“Nigerian company” is a company formed and registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Develop an NC Plan which shall explain the methodology of how it intends to comply with the requirements of the Act; and how to achieve the set target(s) in the Schedule of the NOGICD Act i.e. 85% of total spend achieved with Nigerian personnel, materials, equipment and services for Telecommunication Subscription Services. The plan must show utilization of Nigerian Labor, Services, Materials and Equipment for this service in order to achieve the requirements of the NOGICD Act.
- Provide a detailed description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc.) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc.) to support this contract, evidence that 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian-registered company. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms (C02 & C07) including memorandum & article of association. For foreign companies and multinational in alliance with a local company, submit evidence that the local company is an indigenous company and the binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEOs of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to services provided from within Nigeria, raw materials and manufactured & assembled goods of Nigerian origin.
- Provide evidence of specific training, certification program man-hour budget, skill development and technology transfer plan in place for its Nigerian personnel including list of relevant training and development for indigenous staff in the last 3 years.
- Provide evidence (personnel list and positions with organizational charts to substantiate) of percentage of key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians.
Bidders’ failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification.
5) Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS Product/Category Telecommunication Services (3.01.12) or Telecommunication Installation I Support Services (3.11.20) as at November 14, 2012
being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
6) Additional Information
- Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS
- NNPC/MPN reserves the right to reject any and or all prequalified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no costs whatsoever
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers
- Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel is up- to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos
- Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information.