Edo State public-Private Partnership, Office of the Ministry of Works- Expression of Interest.
The Government of Edo State invites 'Expressions of Interest' (EoI) with Proposed Concepts from reputable organizations with proven track record for the selection of a strategic development Partner(s) to Develop, Finance, Build, Operate and Maintain a multi-use commercial centre with leasable shopping, multiplex, food court & business areas & Family Entertainment Centre (FEC) under a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model as per the terms and conditions to be laid down in the Bid Document.
This development is to be sited on prime land strategically located in the Oba Ovonramwen Square at the Centre of Benin City. The proposed main project components are a Shopping Mail, Screen Multiplex with Food Courts and Family Entertainment Centre. Other value adding optional components Will be given adequate consideration. The Mall will be a major Tourism attraction with Specialized Zones such as Handicrafts & Ethnic Outlets, Imported Goods, Multi-national Brands, Factory Outlets, discount & Sale Enclosures, Banking and Other Service Providers, etc.
The proposed entertainment Centre is envisioned as 'An Integrated Complex of Hospitality, Leisure, Lifestyle, Retail & Entertainment Components'.
The undersigned can be contacted for site visitation with prior notification.
Shortlisting of Bids
- Registration particulars including Certificate of Incorporation, Memo and Articles of the Corporation, list of Directors and Secretaries or equivalent registration! documents;
- Most recent Tax Clearance Certificate;
- Evidence of registration as a contractor with the Edo State Ministry of Works;
- Experience in the development/operations of Commercial complexes/Shopping Mails and/or owning/operating 3 Star or above rated Hotels;
- Proposed tie-ups with the reputed players in the development/operations of Commercial Complexes/Shopping Malls and owning/operating 3 Star or above rated Hotels are also considered as experience. (Relevant Tie-up Letters should be enclosed);
- Investment capabilities will be assessed based on the current business turnovers for the last 3 years and Net worth computed. Last 3 (Three) years turnover - (Audited financial statements for the relevant years should be enclosed);
- Although applicants will be required to provide additional information at the Request for (detailed) Proposal (RfP) stage, applications without required information or enclosures are liable to be rejected.
Submission of Expression of Interest
- Request for Proposal (RfP) documents will be issued to the short-listed EoIs at a cost.
- Bid process criteria for Rf P document will, be issued along with RfP document.
- Submission Date: The last date for the submission of EoI Documents is Friday, November 16 2012 by 4.00 pm
The EoI should be submitted in One (1) Original and five (5) copies and should be signed and delivered in a sealed envelope or package clearly marked:
"EoI THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE BENIN CITY CENTRE COMMERCIAL CENTRE"
The EoI should be submitted to:
Office of the Executive Director
Edo State Public-Private Partnership
Government House, Benin City
Edo State, Nigeria.
All submissions must be received on or before 4pm on Friday November 16 2012 and must be in the English Language.
Interested firms may obtain further information by electronic mail to:
This invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of the Edo State Government to award the project to any firm or consortium expressing interest.
Only shortlisted firms/consortia will be contacted.
Edo State Public- Private Partnership (PPP) Office