1. In line with the Federal Government commitment towards bringing the nation’s Aviation Industry to a world class level, the federal Ministry of Aviation is embarking on an infrastructural development at the Federal Government owned Airports at Jalingo, Taraba State, using funds provided in 2012 appropriation, in addition to the procurement of some basic office equipment.
2) The Ministry is hereby inviting experienced and competent Contractors/Consultants to submit Technical and Financial Bids for execution of the projects as follows:
Construction of Access Road to Agro Hanger at Jalingo Airport
Procurement of Office Equipments
3) Qualification Criteria;
The invitation to submit relevant Technical Documents is based on meeting prescribed minimum criteria regarding company’s experience, personnel, equipment and financial capabilities. All technical bids should therefore be accompanied with verifiable photocopies of the following documents:
4) Collection of Bidding Documents:
- Evidence of Incorporation Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three years (2000, 2010 and 2011);
- Evidence of VAT Registration and remittances
- Audited account for the past three Years (2009, 2010 and2Oli);
- Evidence of financial capability/Letter from Banker signifying willingness to finance any of the projects if considered;
- Company profile including Curriculum Vitae of key personnel;
- Evidence of Ownership of Equipment and or lease from the concerned company (for lot 1 only)
- Evidence of experience in similar job including on-going projects in the last 3 years;
- Evidence of payment into employees Retirement Savings Account
- (RSA) in compliance with extant provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2004.
- Evidence of payment of Training contribution to the Industrial Training Fund.
- Sworn Affidavit confirming the authenticity of Documents submitted and non-conviction of any of the Company’s Director on Criminal Charge.
A complete set of bidding documents are obtainable from the Secretary, Ministerial Tenders Board, Room 5A 43 on payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000) only per lot payable In bank draft issued in favour of Federal Ministry of Aviation.
5) Submission /Opening of Bidding Documents:
Completed Technical and Financial tender documents should be sealed and labeled ‘Technical and Financial’ separately in each envelope, and the two envelopes put into a third and bigger envelope that should also be sealed and marked appropriately at the top right hand corner, the title and Lot No. of the Project and addressed to:
The Honourable Minister
Federal Ministry of Aviation,
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Phase 1, Shehu Shagari Way,
6) Closing Date
The reverse side of the envelope should indicate the name of the company submitting the tender. All tenders should be returned by hand in three (3) hard copies and dropped in the Tender’s Box designated for the purposes in Room 5A43 not later than 12.00 noon on 25th November, 2012.
7) Technical bids will be publicly opened at the Ministry’s Conference Room 1’ Floor, Federal Ministry of Aviation, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase l, Abuja, in the presence of Bidders representatives attend on the same day, 25th November, 2012. Members of Civil Society Organizations are also invited to witness the bid opening ceremony as scheduled.
8) Bid Security
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of at least two percent (2%) of the Tendered Price issued by a reputable Bank.
All on the tenders should be directed to the Secretary of the Ministerial Tenders Board, Room 5A 43 or through Telephone No.092905334
10. Note that Electronic tendering will not be permitted and late submission will be rejected. In addition, Bidders who do not scale through the Technical Evaluation stage shall have their financial bid(s) returned unopened.