Total E&P Nigeria Limited (TEPNG) operator of OML 138 PSC invites interested and reputable indigenous qualified Insurers with a proven track record and suitable and relevant experience in this specific business to tender and apply for consideration to tender for the Provision of an Operational Insurance Package Policy for the USAN Deepwater Operations including the FPSO.
2) Brief Description of the USAN Field Location and Facilities
The USAN oil field lies approximately in the middle of the block OML138, in water depths ranging from 730-850m. It is located approximately 65 miles/100km south of the Nigerian coastline. The USAN Deepwater Operational Field is a new stand alone development, with subsea wells connected to an FPSO facility.
3) Brief Outline Description of the Scope of Services
This Operational Package Insurance Policy would cover risks of Property Damage (PD), Operators Extra Expense (OEE), Transport, Storage & Utilization (TSU), Third Party Liability (TPL) and Minor Construction Works (MW). The Insurer shall retain a percentage of the risk in Nigeria up to the maximum available retention capacity and re-insure the balance of the capacity with Foreign Underwriters through a competent Foreign Reinsurance Broker in line with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This Insurer will also handle all claim services, endorsements, policy documentation, etc.
The estimated commencement date of services shall be Q4, 2012. Contract duration is estimated at two (2) years firm with a one (1) year option of extension at COMPANY’s sole discretion.
4) Mandatory Requirements
5) Nigerian Content
- To be eligible for the intended exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in Non-Life Insurance Services Category 3.14.32 in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successful pre-qualified Suppliers in these categories will receive invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product I service category you are listed for; open www.nipexng.com -and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX Office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX System
Pursuant to the newly enacted Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 by the Federal Government of Nigeria, all interested bidders are expected to demonstrate adherence to the policy and compliance with the provisions of the Insurance Act 2003. Among others, the NOGIC Act 2010 requires a certificate of compliance to be issued by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to bidders as part of Nigerian Content Monitoring Board (NCDMB) technical evaluation requirements for insurance contracts in the Oil and Gas Industry.
The NOGIC Act 2010 and Insurance Act 2003 further require that in- country capacity must be exhausted before resort to outside / foreign Reinsurers which National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) must approve before reinsurance is placed abroad. Arising there from, preference shall be given to Nigerian companies and/or Foreign companies based in Nigeria having a Nigerian Affiliate who demonstrates willingness to execute the work/ services to the satisfaction of evaluators. Therefore, this Tender Opportunity aims at sensitizing interested bidders on the information / documentation that will be expected of them at the invitation to tender (ITT) stage as follows:
- Company intends to and will expect bidders to comply with NOGIC Act 2010 (available at www.nnpcgroup.com and www.nigcontent.com) and Insurance Act 2003, since they constitute FATAL FLAW in all contract evaluations.
- Preparation of Nigerian Content Plan that addresses utilisation of Nigerian Labour, Services, Materials and Equipment for this service.
- Provision of current NAICOM registration certificate.
- Provision of a copy of company’s detailed binding agreement with a competent reinsurance company.
- Provision of detailed description of all work bidders will accomplish using Nigerian Resources (Labour, Material and Services).
- Provision of current and in-place organisation structure with detailed experience and skills of key management personnel with names. Provide evidence (personnel list and positions with organisation chart to substantiate) of percentage of management that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
- Detailed past experience / present commitment to staff training and development of its Nigerian personnel. Furnish details of training plans for Nigerians specific to this scope of work.
- State any further innovative proposals that will enhance the Nigerian Content for the Project.
- Demonstrate that entity is an indigenous company or indigenous company in genuine alliance with a foreign-owned or multinational company registered in Nigeria.
- Provision of details of your company ownership and shareholding structure. Submit copies of your CAC forms CAC 10, CAC 2.5, C02 and C07
- Furnish details of training plans for Nigerians specific to this scope of work.
6) Closing Date
Only Tenderers who are registered with NJQS Non-Life Insurance Service Category 3.14.32 as at Monday 19th November, 2012 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit technical bids.
7) Additional Information
- Interested suppliers must be pre-qualified for these product/service categories in NJQS.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully pre-qualified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of TEPNG to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, subcontractors or agents.
- This advertisement shall not entitle pre-qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever and/ or seek any indemnity from TEPNG and/ or its partners by virtue of such companies having been pre-qualified in NJQS.
- All costs incurred in registering and pre-qualifying for this and other products/ services categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
- Suppliers that are pre-qualified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone numbers) of their company and authorised/responsible personnel is up to date in their company profile in the NJQS data base.
- TEPNG shall communicate only with the authorised/responsible personnel of pre-qualified companies and not through unauthorised individuals or agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipex.com
for this advert and other information