1) Preamble / Scope of Works
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), is desirous of building:
- Branch Office Complex at Umuahia, Abia State
- Multipurpose Hall in Ikeja, Lagos State
- Multipurpose Hall in harm, Kwara State
Consequently, reputable contractors in the following fields are hereby invited to tender:
- Building/Civil Engineering
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
The Branch Office Complex shall be made up of an office block on two floors comprising security rooms and offices, a police post and external mechanical and electrical (M/E) works.
The Multipurpose Halls shall be single-storey, 500-seat capacity, with offices, store, conveniences and external mechanical and electrical (M/E) works.
2) Pre-Qualification Requirements
3) Pre-Qualification and Tender Documents
- Company profile
- Evidence of tax clearance for the last 3 years
- Certificate of company incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission
- VAT registration certificate
- Evidence of execution and completion of similar project in the last 3 years
- Company audited accounts
- Availability of verifiable plants and equipment that would be used for the project
- Evidence of registration with the relevant professional body
- Letter of reference from Bankers
Interested bidders are requested to submit their pre-qualification documents and, thereafter, collect soft copies of Tender documents from the office of the Deputy Registrar/Head of Works Department, WAEC, Yaba between the hours of 10.00 am and 300 pm on official working days, after the payment of a non- refundable processing fee of N20,000.00 (twenty thousand naira) for building/ civil engineering companies, and N10,000.00 (ten thousand naira) for M/E engineering companies.
Payments shall be in certified bank draft payable to “The West African Examinations Council, Yaba”.
The documents comprise Bills of Quantities, complete with specification, Instructions to persons tendering and Forms of Tender, which is to be filled separately and attached to the covering letter. The covering letter must state clearly, the completion period.
4) Special Notes
Tendering contractors are expected to visit the sites (on appointment) to ascertain all the necessary requirements for the tender and project planning.
A flow chart works programme is required as a back up to the stated completion period coupled with a method statement. However, it is pertinent to note that the projects are required within the shortest possible time.
Hard copy of the complete Tender document and drawings may be sighted at WAEC, Yaba, Lagos.
5) Closing Date
The Tenders are to be returned in hard copy printed from the CD, enclosed and submitted in a sealed envelope to the office of the Director of Finance, WAEC, Yaba
, on or before 12.00 noon on 5th December, 2012 with reference at the top left hand marked, “Tender for Construction of ………. (indicate project) at ………… (indicate site)” and addressed to:
The Head of National Office.
The West African Examinations Council,
21, Hussey Street, Yaba, Lagos.