The Obafemi Awolowo University is desirous of awarding contracts for the under-listed projects for Year 2012 Federal Government of Nigeria Capital/Rehabilitation Grants, Year 2011 TETFUND Intervention in Library Development and Internally Generated Revenue projects. It therefore invites bids for pre-qualification and tender for the following projects.
Tender Prequalification Requirement
Prospective Tenderers are required to submit their pre-qualification bid containing the under listed documents/information in clearly marked envelopes to the office of the Registrar on or before Wednesday 5 December, 2012.
The opening of the bids follows immediately after close of submission.
A. Breakdown of projects under the year 2012 federal government of Nigeria Capital/Rehabilitation Grant
Lot 1(a) Supply and Installation of Teaching/Research Equipment
Lot 1(b) Supply of Water Treatment Chemicals
Lot 2 (a) Completion of Lecture Theater to Complement First Year Laboratory Building -(Builders Work)
Lot 2 (b) Completion of Lecture Theater to Complement First Year Laboratory Building- (Mechanical & Electrical Works)
Lot 3 Construction of Access Roads and Car Parks
B. Breakdown Of Projects Under The Year 2011 TETfund Intervention In Library Development
Lot 4 Supply of Books to Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library
Lot 5 Supply and Installation of Furniture Items and Partitioning of Office
Lot 6 Supply and Installation of Teaching and Research Equipment to Hezekiah Oluwasanmi Library and General Office Equipment
C. Breakdown of Projects Under the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR)
Lot 7 (a) Construction of Council/Senate Office Complex (Civil Work)-Phase I
Lot 7 (b) Construction of Council/Senate Office Complex (Mechanical and Electrical Works)-Phase I
The pre-qualification document must contain the following:
- Company’s Tax Clearance for the last three (3) years
- Evidence of Company Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Verifiable list of similar and other jobs successfully executed with their locations, together with letters of Awards and Certificates of Job Completion.
- Verifiable list of plants/machinery with years of manufacture and locations of the equipment to be used in the project Please state whether the items of equipment are on lease, hired or owned by the company with evidence of purchase where applicable.
- List of key staff who will execute the project with their Curricula Vitae and relevant positions.
- Company’s financial details and audited accounts for the last three years.
- Value Added Tax Certificate (VAT Certificate).
- Evidence of remittance of pension contribution of employees to PENCOM in line with section 16, subsection 8 (d) of the Procurement Act.
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act 2011 in respect of contribution to the fund where applicable.
- An affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Obafemi Awolowo University or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidding company, and confirming that all the information it presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
Tenderers are required to pay in a sum of twenty thousand Naira (N20, 000.00) per lot in Lot 1,4,5 and 6 and Fifty thousand Naira (N50,000.00) per Lot In Lot 2,3 and 7 to the University Bursary or enclose Bank Draft for similar sum payable to Bursar, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. The Bills of Quantity and other Tender documents are obtainable from the Office of the Director of Physical Planning and Development Unit of the University at the University Hall Extension between the hours of 8.30a.m and 4.00 p.m. daily upon the presentation of the evidence of payment.
Submission of Tender
Interested bidders are expected to put the technical bid in separate sealed envelope and financial bid in another sealed envelope, with each envelope distinctively labeled, while the two envelopes will be put in a bigger sealed envelope in line with the three envelopes system of tendering.
Envelope for each project should be clearly marked as may be applicable “Year 2012 Federal Government of Nigeria Capital/Rehabilitation Grant or Year 2011 TETfund Intervention In Library Development or Internally Generated Revenue. I
t should be forwarded to the Secretary Tenders Board, Registrar’s Office, Floor 3, University Hall, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, not later than 12.00 noon on the closing date.
for submission of Tenders is Wednesday 5th December, 2012 and the Opening of Tenders follows immediately thereafter in the Committee Room 05, of the University Hall.
Please, note that only the prequalification bid documents will be opened on the bid opening day and only pm- qualified bidders will be invited for financial bid opening while unsuccessful bidders will have their financial bids returned unopened.
Ayorinde O. Ogunruku
- The University reserves the right to reject any or all pre-qualification packages
- The University will deal only with authorized officers of the tendering companies and not through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
Registrar & Secretary to Council