The Umaru Muss Yar’adua University is desirous of providing working environment that is conducive for optimal performance, characterized by freedom from fear, anxiety, intrusion, fire, theft, vandalism, trespass and any other form of abuse that may occasion loss of life and property. Towards this, competent and experienced security service providers are hereby invited to submit their Pre-qualification documents to, assessment as a first step to the selection of a
suitable security company.
2) Scope of the Service
The scope of the service involves the provision of adequate security service to the University at:
a) Permanent Site
It has an area of 9 square kilometers arid the following facilities
b) Outside Campus
- Senate building
- Faculty of Natural and Applied Science
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Education
- Students Centre
- Female Students’ hostels (2nos)
- Male Students’ hostels
- Principal Officers’ Quarters (7nos)
- Works Department
- Generator house, panel room and 2nos generators
- Sabbatical Staff Quarters
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Centre for Renewable Energy Research
- Road network, drainage, parking lots and street tights
- ICT facilities
- Mechanical and Electrical installations, equipment and vehicles
- University Mosque
- Undeveloped land
Barade Quarters -3houses. (Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic, Katsina)
Government Chalets at GRA - 2 chalets.
University Guest Houses at Barhin Housing Estate - 3 houses
3) Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested Companies are required to submit the following Pre- qualification documents for consideration and assessment:
- Evidence of Company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for 3 years.
- Evidence of registration as a contractor with Umaru Muss Yar’adua University in relevant category.
- Evidence of registration with Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps.
- Value Added Tax registration certificate,
- Bank reference from a reputable bank as evidence of financial capacity.
- List and documentary evidence of similar service successfully and satisfactorily provided within the last 3 years, such evidence shall be in a form of valid contract/service agreement and payment certificates.
- Company’s profile and organizational structure.
- Statement of modus operandi and operational strategy for providing the proposed service.
Please, note that the absence of any criteria (i) - (v) above would be considered NON-RESPONSIVE and that automatically disqualifies any applicant for pre-qualification.
4) Submission of Documents
Pre-qualification documents should be hand delivered in wax-sealed envelope clearly and appropriately marked at the top left corner Pre-qualification for I he provision of security service to Umaru Musa Yar’adua University and addressed to:
Umaru Musa Yar’adua University,
5) Closing Date
All Pre-qualification documents should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office not later than 12.00 noon, 28th November, 2012 from the date of this advertisement.
Contractors are strongly advised to inspect the sites at different locations before submission of quotations. Contractors wishing to inspect the sites should contact the University Chief Security Officer.
7) Opening of Pre-Qualification Documents
Pre-qualification documents will be opened for evaluation three (3) weeks from the date of this advertisement at 12:30pm at Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina, Room C1 01 First Floor, Senate Building. Only pre-qualified contractors will be asked to submit quotations.
This advertisement shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University nor shall it entitle the tenderer to make any claims whatsoever and or seek any indemnity from the University by virtue of such tenderer having responded to this advertisement.
Abdu Halilru Abdullaha