Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN), operator of NNPC/MPN Joint Ventures plans to engage Cementing and Pumping Services for Year 2013- 2016 Drilling Program Services at its locations within the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) acreage for an anticipated contract term of two (2) years with a one (1) year optional renewal period. Contract is expected to commence in June 2013.
2) Scope of Work
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to the provision of Cementing and Pumping Services, associated tools and highly qualified specialist personnel.
Interested companies must be able to provide the following Cementing and Pumping Services:
3) Mandatory Requirements
- All personnel, equipment, bulk material, and additives associated with Cementing and Pumping Services.
- Installation of high pressure pumping system on the Drilling Units with all such equipment and associated personnel provided by the Bidder.
- A Pumping Unit capable of carrying out all aspects of the proposed work including the cementation of the proposed casing strings, blowout preventer pressure tests, casing pressure tests, formation integrity tests, required well testing operations and other pressure pumping operations as required by MPN.
- Comprehensive dockside facilities and personnel located in FOT Onne Port capable of designing, blending, testing, storing, and transferring formulated bulk cement products directly to a supply vessel.
4) Close Date
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Cementing Services (3.04.04) (Product/Services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pro-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log-in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download an application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS Product/Category Cementing Services (3.04.04)
as at Thursday, November 29, 2012
being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
5. Additional Information
6) Nigerian Content
- Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS.
- Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
- This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers.
- MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
Company is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
MPNU requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
“The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”
“Nigerian company” is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51% equity shares by Nigerians.
Bidders shall consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions, Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc.) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc.) to support this contract, evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary. Tenderers will be required to apply for Nigerian Content Equipment Certification (NCEC) for all equipment to be deployed or used to support this contract.
- Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company, defined as a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provision of Company and Allied Matters Act. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02 and C07) including Memorandum and Article of Association. For Nigerian company in alliance with a foreign company or multinational, submit evidence of binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO’s of both parties.
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to services provided from within Nigeria, raw materials and manufactured & assembled goods of Nigerian origin, to meet the NC targets of 75% Man-hour for Cementing Services and 95% Man-Hour for Pressure Pumping Services in line with the requirements of the Act. (Where NC target is 100% then service will be restricted to Indigenous Company’s only)
- Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
Bidder’s failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to
Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification.
- Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos