The Federal Ministry of Power intends to undertake Feasibility Studies & Engineering Designs and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of Small & Medium Hydropower Projects at selected dam sites in different location nationwide as part of its diversification of sources of electricity. Accordingly, the Ministry in line with the 2012 Budget Proposals invites interested, experienced and reputable Consultancy Firms or Joint Ventures to apply as Coordinating Consultant for the Feasibility Studies and Engineering Designs and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of Small & Medium Hydropower Projects.
Scope of Works
The scope of works shall include:
Conditions for Pre-Qualification
- Preparation of Terms of reference and the detailed Technical/Financial Proposals (RFP) for the Feasibility Studies and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of the identified Small and Medium Hydropower Projects
- Evaluation of the Technical & Financial Bids of the Consultants participating in the Tender for Feasibility Studies and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
- Coordination, Review and Analysis of Reports and Submissions of the successful Consultants
- Assist FMP in all processes relating to tendering and award of contract for the construction of the small and Medium HPP Projects
Interested Firms or Joint Ventures are expected to collect, fill and submit Standard Request for Proposal (RFP) for Coordinating Consultancy Services for Feasibility Studies and Engineering Design for Small & Medium Hydropower Projects from the Office of the Secretary, Ministerial Tenders Board along with the following:
- Company Profile with copy of Article of Association and CAC Form C07;
- Company Registration with Professional Bodies particularly COREN or its equivalent;
- Evidence of Firm’s accreditation with the Federal Ministry of Environment/NESREA;
- Evidence of ownership of Laboratory accredited by Federal Ministry of Environment (FME)/NESREA or access to the Laboratory accredited by FME/NESREA;
- Curriculum Vitae of individual experts/staff who will be assigned to the required services including qualification, individual experience in handling assignments and attestation available;
- Financial Capacity Profile of the firm and Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for 2009, 2010, 2011;
- Evidence of experience in at least three (3) Hydropower Projects executed within the last five (5) years;
- Evidence of Hydro Consultancy services with a contractual value of over N100 million;
- Submission of three (3) years Audited Account;
- Evidence of Employees Open Retirement Savings Account (RSA) with a Pension Fund Administrator (PFA) of choice;
- Evidence of Remittance of both Employer and Employee Pension Contribution to the appropriate Pension Fund Custodian.
The Consultant shall be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the BPP Standard Request for Proposal (RFP) for the selection of Consultancy Firms (Complex Lump Sum) January 2008.
Closing Date /Submission of Proposal
Completed Technical and Financial Proposals should be submitted in two (2) separate envelopes enclosed inside a third (3rd) sealed envelope (one electronic copy in Microsoft Office Original and six (6) copies of each Technical & Financial Proposals respectively and marked Coordinating Consultancy Services for Feasibility Studies & Engineering Designs and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for Small & Medium Hydropower Projects nationwide” at the top right hand corner and addressed to:
Ministerial Tenders Board (MTB)
Federal Ministry of Power
Federal Secretariat Complex
Room 347, Phase I, Annex III,
to be delivered by HAND on or before 12:00 noon on 11th December, 2012. The prequalification documents should be enclosed inside the Technical Proposals. The Technical proposals shall be opened same day at 1:00pm in the Conference Room of the Honourable Minister, 4th floor, Annex III, PHASE I, Federal Secretariat Complex.
- This notice is an Invitation to Tender and not Pre-qualification.
- Only the Financial bids of the Technically qualified Consultants would be opened. The Financial bids of the others would be returned unopened.
- Only Consultancy Firms with proven experience in Hydropower Project Designs are eligible to submit proposals.
- No representative or agent should bid for or on behalf of any Consultant as the client shall not discuss or deal with any third party.
- Federal Ministry of Power reserves the right to verify and authenticate any claim by Firms. Prospective Consultants should therefore include in their submissions necessary authority for verification.
- Firms should abide by the bidding instructions and requirements to avoid rejection of their bids.
- The Federal Ministry of Power shall not enter into any debate or discussion with any party with respect to the rejection of bid not conforming to directives and accompanying documents.
Enquiries on the Invitation
All enquiries on the proposals are to be directed to:
Federal Minister of Power
Federal Secretariat Complex
Room 330, Phase I, Annex Ill,
Dr. (Mrs.) Dere Awosika, MFR, mni