The Rivers State Environmental Sanitation Authority (RSESA) hereby tails for tenders from reputable and competent Contractors for the collection, removal and disposal of domestic solid wastes Interested Contractors are required to submit qualifying documents to the office of the Sole Administrator, Rivers State Environment Sanitation Authority
Scope of Work:
Intending Contractor shall be required to collect, remove and dispose off domestic solid waste from households in Port Harcourt Metropolis
Requirements for Qualification;
1. Contractor must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission either as a limited liability company under Part A or as a business enterprise under Part B. The Memorandum of Association and objectives of the contractor must emphasize waste management as its areas expertise.
2. The Contractor must have a registered office situate in Rivers State
3. Contractor must have over 5 years’ experience in the management of domestic solid waste
4. Contractor must possess at least (5) No’s 28 ton compactor in good working condition.
5. Contractor must have experienced and qualified Operations Managers with at least a H.N.D degree or B sc equivalent with over 5 years cognate experience
6. Operation Managers must be registered members of the Waste Management Association of Nigeria;
7. The contractor must be a corporate member of the waste management association of Nigeria:
8. Contractor must have a Foreman or team supervisor with requisite waste management experience, training and education
9. Contractor shall have a staff training manual on waste management, proper disposal, waste segregation etc.
10. Contractor must possess a comprehensive HSE Policy and training manual
11. Contractor must have a comprehensive health cover for staff which shall include;
- Blood pressure
- Eye test
- Physical fitness
The certificate should be renewable every six months.
12. Business Sustainability Plan: a plan showing the future direction of contractor’s business and strategy to turn waste management into a sustainable business
13. Contingency plan showing the contractor’s strategy to address problems such as broken down equipment availability of staff during holidays, and general emergencies that may affect the delivery of service to the authority and state.
Interested contractors should submit two copies each of their qualifying documents to;
The Office of the Sole Administrator,
Rivers State Environmental Sanitation Authority,
Km 6 Ikwerre Road,
26th November, 2012