Government of Bayelsa State
Ministry of Works and Infrastructure
Old Secretariat Complex, Yenagoa
The Bayelsa State Ministry of Works & Infrastructure on behalf of the Bayelsa State Central Procurement Board wishes to announce the extension of time for the submission of tender by interested reputable construction firms by three weeks from 26th November, to 17th December, 2012 for the construction of their earlier advertised projects in the State as listed below:
A. Description/Scope of Projects
The scope of each project shall be issued to prospective contractors at the above mentioned office.
Construction of Kilometer 25 (Toru-Orua to Ekeremor Road) 29. Km.
Construction of Outer Ring Road (Igbogene-Sani Abacha Road by Bayelsa Palm) 25 Km length DUAL Carriage Way Road.
Contract for the design and building of Flyover at Sani Abacha/Isaac Boro Road by NNPC Filling Station, Yenagoa.
Contract for the design and building of Flyover at Tombia Round-About, Etegwe-Epie, Yenagoa.
B. Pre-Qualification Criteria
Interested Companies are requested to submit the following documents/information with verifiable evidence for assessment/ consideration.
C. Collection of pre-Qualification Documents
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Company Profile and Organization Structure
- Current Tax Clearance for at least 3 years valid up to December2012
- Vat Registration Certificate and evidence of remittance
- Evidence of registration with the Bayelsa State Ministry of Works
- Company’s audited account for the last three years from a registered accounting firm
- Letter of financial capability from company’s bankers
- List of similar projects previously/currently undertaken including letter of awards, completion certificates, period of supply and projects cost
- Catalogue of proposed tools and equipment including proforma Invoice (Mandatory)
- Any additional information that may enhance the chance of the contractor/supplier.
Interested contractors are to pay a non-refundable processing fee (Bank Draft) of N250,000.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only. The draft should be made payable to the Bayelsa State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure and should be submitted to the finance and supply department. A receipt shall be issued at the finance and supply department which will enable the bidder pick up bid documents at the Department of the Planning Research and Statistic of the Ministry between the hours of 9.00arn and 3.00pm from the date of this publication
D. Submission of Documents
All submissions are required to be neatly packaged in binders and in a sealed envelope marked A and B.
A. Technical Document:
Comprising all requirements listed under prequalification for criteria and brief method statement for execution of the described works.
B. Commercial Document:
Comprising the quotation for the work on the blank Bill quantity issued properly stamped with company’s stamp and endorse by an authorized officer. The Technical and Commercial documents shall be placed in separate sealed envelopes and then both sealed envelopes put in a bigger sealed envelope and respectively marked at the top of the envelopes and deposited in the office of Planning Research and Statistics each day at the address above
E. Closing Date
13th December, 2012
F. General/Special Information
- Prospective contractors can apply for multiple projects
- This advertisement shall not be constrained as a commitment on the part of the Ministry nor shall it entitle prospective contractors to make any claim whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from the Bayelsa State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.
- Failure to comply with any instruction above or to provide any of the list documents will automatically result in disqualification.
- Late submission will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Ag. Permanent Secretary