Government of Cross Rivers State of Nigeria
State Universal Basic Education Board,
120 Murtala Mohammed Highway Calabar
Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors
The Cross River State Universal Basic Education Board is re-advertising projects under the 2008 UBE Intervention Fund. The works include construction of new classroom block of 1 No 4 classroom and 1 No 6 classroom block at Holy Trinity Anglican Primary School, Calabar Road, Calabar South.
Accordingly, applications for pre-qualification of contractors are invited from qualified and interested companies registered by the Cross River State Due Process and Price Intelligence Department (DPPID) in the categories E and above.
2) Scope of Work:
Lot I: i) Construction of new classroom blocks.
3) Criteria for Pre-Qualification of Contractors:
To qualify for pre-qualification, the interested Companies should submit 2 copies of their profiles which should include:
4) Publication of Pre-Qualification Result/Invitation to BID:
- Evidence of incorporation of company or business name.
- Registration with Cross River State Due Process and Price Intelligence Department (DPPID) in the relevant category.
- Company Audited Accounts for the past three (3) years (2009-2011).
- Evidence of Tax clearance Certificate for the past (3) years (2009-2011).
- VAT registration and evidence of VAT remittances
- Re-validated Tax clearance certificate from IRS.
- Evidence of financial capability and Bank support/Statement of Account. Experience/Technical qualification and experience of key personnel
- Evidence of Registration of Technical Personnel with Relevant Professional regulating Bodies Equipment and technological capacity
- Knowledge of the industry/similar projects executed in the past
- Annual turn over of company.
- Names of two (2) Directors of company
The pre-qualified list of companies shall be published in the notice board of State Universal Basic Education Board, within two (2) weeks after the close of applications for pre-qualifications. Bidding documents shall be issued to only the successful companies.
Mode of Submission:
All applications for pre-qualification of contractors are to be submitted in sealed envelops measuring 29.5 x 36.5cm marked at the top right corner “PRE-QUALIFICATION,” according to the Lots specified above and addressed to:
The Executive Chairman
State Universal Basic Education Board
120 Murtala Mohammed Highway
The applications must reach the PRS Department, Block 2 Room 9 on or before Thursday, 20th August, 2012 at 12.00 noon. The register for the receipt of applications would be closed at 12.00 noon of the day under reference, while, the opening of pre-qualification applications would commence same day at 1 .00p.m.
All applicants making submission must sign a register in the office of Director (PRS) Department of the Board for proof that the applications were received.
Notwithstanding the submission of applications for pre-qualification of contractors, the Board is not obliged to include your company in the final list of qualified companies nor shall any form of compensation be paid for responding to this advertisement. Only short-listed companies shall be allowed to bid for the works,
Any further details/clarifications pertaining to the advertised works should be sought from the office of the Director (PRS) or the Procurement Unit of the Board, at No. 120 Murtala Mohammed Highway, Calabar.