[Contract/Tender No: GPHCDA/PU/BSWD/PHASE1A/2012]
The Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority (GPHCDA) has secured the necessary funds for the implementation of the Phase 1A: Bulk Storm-water Drainage Infrastructure works for the first phase of the New City Development, and intends to apply parts of these funds towards payments under contract for the implementation of the following works:
- Construction of an approximately 15.3km of composite trapezoidal bulk storm-water canal infrastructure (lined with concrete and renornattress)
- Canal structures consist of structure with a 3m and 15m wide concrete base with concrete extending 1m above the canal base. The side slopes should be 1:3. The average depth of the canal is 5m. The upper sections on the canal will be lined with renomattress.
- The appointed contractor will be expected to execute the full scope of works within 12 calender months. The initial work will comprise the construction of the initial 11.7km of canal length; see Drawing J29056M/000/3 Drawing Set A. The scope of works for this initial phase of the project has been divided into two packages which will be executed concurrently. This will be achieved through the deployment of two construction teams. The two teams will commence work from the two extreme ends of the project.
- The remaining section, see drawing J29056M/1 00/3 will be constructed as part of the future phases of the development.
- The appointed contractor shall provide a detailed programme outlining methodology that will be followed in the execution of work. The activities of the two teams as well as timing of the different components of the construction work shall be included on the programme.
- This contract includes construction of three culverts crossings over existing Owerri Road as indicated on drawings, J29056M-007/B09 Sheet 1 of 3, and J29056M- 007/810 Sheet2 of 3.
- The contract also includes construction of two bridges crossing the existing Airport Road, and Owerri Road indicated on drawing J29056M-007/B10 Sheet 3 of 3.
- This contract also comprises construction of a storm-water outlet structure discharging into the receiving New Calabar River, refer drawing.
- The appointed contractor shall also confirm all existing services not identified on the existing surverys and where clashes could potentially occur (especially with the existing oil infrastructure).
- The appointed contractor shall prior to commencement of construction confirm the existing survey by conducting a strip survey along the identified storm-water servitude (±70 m wide routes).
- The estimated construction period is twelve (12) calendar months/1 year.
The GPHCDA now invites sealed tenders from eligible tenderers for the construction of the above works.
The tender process will be conducted through open competitive tender procedures in accordance with the Rivers State Public Procurement Law No 4 of 2008, and is open to local, national and international tenderers.
Interested tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the tender documents at the GPHCDA offices at the address below during local business hours. A complete set of tender documents may be purchased by interested tenderers at the address below or on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of one hundred thousand Naira [NGN 100 000.00]. Documents requested in writing will be dispatched by prepaid registered mail to the addressee at the address provided.
A Compulsory Tender Briefing will be held at 12:O0noon on Thursday, 13 December 2012 at the Blue Room, Greater Port Harcourt City Development Authority, 38 Ordinance Road, Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
31st December, 2012.
Tenders must be accompanied by a tender security in the amount of 2% of the tendered sum, No electronic tender submissions will be accepted. Late tenders will be rejected.
Tenders will be opened in the presence of tenderers’ representatives and any interested parties who choose to attend at the address below at 12:00noon on Thursday 24 January 2013.
Secretary to Authority’s Tenders Board
Mr. Douglas D. Dimkpa
38 Ordinance Rd
Trans Amadi Layout
+234 (0)8060380399, 8053999718
Signed: Administrator GPHD