Kano State Is the most populous state in Nigeria and a strategic Center of Commerce with several major markets where multibillion naira commercial activities take place on regular basis. The State is currently undergoing massive and rapid infrastructural, commercial, and institutional development to reposition it for the prospects and challenges of the future and to promote increased economic activities, thereby positioning it as a vibrant economic hub in Nigeria.
In its desire to decongest the main city and provide decent housing in the state, the government is building three model cities (Kwankwasiyya, Amana and Bandirawo) with state of the art facilities such as recreation centers, parks and gardens, hospitals, hotels, Governor’s lodge, drainages, electricity, street lights and efficient road network. The Government is determined to complete these model cities within reasonable time as construction has began in earnest.
In a determined effort to stimulate the uptake of the promising business opportunities in the three model cities, the State Government, through the Kano North/South Terminus Coordinating and Development Committee, now invites Expressions of Interest (EoI) from interested investors for the development of a world-class 5-Star Hotel and International Conference Center in Kwankwasiyya City and Shopping Malls in the three cities based on Public Private Partnership models. Interested investors may propose their preferred PPP models for possible consideration.
2.) The Scope of the Projects
The scope of the projects covers everything from design, construction, marketing, operation and management of the following:
3.) Pre-qualification Requirements
- A Five Star Hotel, an International Conference Center and Shopping Mall in Kwankwasiyya City
- A Shopping Mall in Amana City
- A Shopping Mall in Bandirawo City
National/International legal entities including joint ventures and consortia may submit their Expression of Interest for pre-qualification, which should be accompanied by the following:
- Evidence of Incorporation
- Tax Clearance Certificates for at least three years
- Evidence of financial capability and banking support (Bank reference and recent statement of account)
- Profiles of Professional Qualification of key technical personnel of the company
- Company audited accounts for 3 years from 2009 to 2010 prepared and duly signed by a certified Chattered Accountant
- Sworn affidavit indicating that all the documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
- Evidence of similar projects executed and operated and managed so far and sound knowledge of the industry.
4.) Closing Date
26th December, 2012
5.) Submission of Expression of Interest
Interested investors are hereby invited to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI) advertisement to:
Kano North/South Terminus Coordinating and Development Committee
C/O REPA, Office of the Secretary to the State Government,
Cabinet Office, No.1, Ahmadu Bello Way, Kano.
Tel: 08033966487, 07034530974, 08027917751
The Committee Chairman