The Partnership for Transforming Health Services (PATHS) 2 project, a 6-year national program funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFiD) to lead health system strengthening efforts in Nigeria is working to encourage citizens to voice their experiences of and concerns with health system service delivery. PATHS Voice and Accountability is looking forward to engaging CSOs to support strengthening of Facility/Ward Health Committees to place pressure through effective advocacy on government to be more responsive and accountable in their service delivery.
CBOs based in Jigawa, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano and Lagos with capacity to deliver based on this placement requirements.
Key Deliverables from the assignment include
- Facility/Ward Health Committee reconstituted
- Clear evidence of Facility/Ward Health committees taking up their intended roles
- Clear evidence of LGAs/SMOH and SMLOG providing a response to concerns raised by Facility/Ward Health Committees
- Narrative and financial reports submitted every month to the PATHS2 outlining activities undertaken, the outcomes (including monitoring data) and providing a full financial account.
The work streams are:
- The development of Facility Health Committees as a mechanism to promote citizen voice and enable greater accountability of Government and health providers to service users;
- Advocacy initiatives to pressure government to improve service delivery;
- Participatory policy/strategy development and resource tracking to improve government responsiveness and the allocation and expenditure of health sector resources.
14th December, 2012
Register Your Interest
Interested groups or organizations should kindly register their interest via email as indicated below which will qualify them ‘for the full proposal. Ensure you indicate your contact persons name and telephone number to: email@example.com