This request for expression of interest follows the update of the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business issue of 27th April, 2012 and in Nigerian dailies of 27th September 2012.
The Federal Government has applied for a credit (hereinafter called “loan”) from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to procure consultancy services.
The main objective of the assignment will be to assist in all procurement implementation of the FPMU, SPMUs’ and participating MDAs’ and facilitate communication with the World Bank on procurement related issues.
3.0 Scope of Assignment
- To prepare and issue standard bidding documents for procurement of goods/civil-works/consultancy services to eligible bidders and ensure all relevant steps in implementing procurement procedures, including the Technical Specifications & Bill of Quotation.
- To coordinate the preparation and issuance of Request for Expression of interest (EOI), Adverts, Shortlist, Standard Request for Proposals (RFP), Evaluation, Negotiation, & Recommendation for contract awards.
- To provide technical support in the preparation of procurement schedules.
- To ensure that Procurement & Financial plan are implemented as schedule.
- To support FPMU, SPMU and all MDAS’, and stakeholders in achieving approved procurement work programmes to implement the multi-sector objectives.
- Actively participating & provide technical support at reviewing the status of the project.
To achieve the core objectives of this assignment, the consultancy firm will provide qualified and skilled personnel in sufficient numbers to ensure the completion of the tasks listed below in a manner consistent with the international standards adopted for NEWMAP. The scope of the assignment will include but not limited to the following The details will be in the TOR which will be part of the RFP to be issued to the short listed firms.
The scope of work envisages a firm whose key staff have several years of sound experience in procurement of Goods, Works, Non Consulting Services and Consultancy at international, public and private sectors.
4.0 Submission of Expressions of Interest EOIs
Prospective Consultants with multi-disciplinary expertise should submit an Expression of Interest detailing the following minimum requirements as a basis for pre-qualification:
- Profile of firm including ownership structure with full contact details;
- Evidence of business registration in the consultant’s home country;
- Capability profile of the firm (Track Records); including details of experience in similar assignment
- Details of experience working in Nigeria and/or sub Saharan Africa; and
- List of key personnel for the assignment.
- Good knowledge of Bank Group operations, and, in particular, of crucial linkages and relationships between procurement processes and business operations and objectives
- Knowledge and understanding of public procurement system, of procurement policies, processes and practises as applied to diverse types of Bank Group procurement, and of disbursements in relation to the same.
- Diverse experience in the non-technical (e.g. commercial, procedural) aspects of procurement processing and analysis at all stages of the project cycle.
- Proven analytical and evaluative skills, including the ability to independently provide well researched analyses of key procurement issues and problem.
- Broad knowledge of procurement planning for projects.
- Experience of working in a similar geographical region.
- Due to the complexity of the assignment, the Lead Consultant must have a minimum of l5years postgraduate hands on experience of directly handling/managing procurement activities under World Bank and/or International donor funded projects for goods, works & consultancy in developing countries.
The Consultancy firm shall be appointed on contract for an initial period of two years in the first instance, which will be renewable based on performance.
The Consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011
Expressions of Interest shall be in English and must be submitted in three (3) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expressions of Interest for Procurement Consultant for NEWMAP. All submissions should be addressed and delivered not later than 5.00pmon Monday, 17th of December, 2012 at the address below:
6.0 Only Shortlisted Consultancy firm will be contacted
The Permanent Secretary
Federal Ministry of Environment, Mabushi, Abuja.