The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation is desirous of calling for bids from registered Insurance Brokers in Nigeria for its Non-Oil Insurance programme.
All Interested Insurance Brokers seeking to be considered must satisfy as a minimum, the following National Insurance Commission’s conditions:
- Be a Limited Liability Company incorporated in Nigeria arid licensed by the National Insurance Commission to operate as an Insurance broker;
- Have verifiable full time employees with cognate experience in all classes of Insurance.
- Must have verifiable locational addresses in Nigeria.
- Maintain adequate Professional Indemnity Cover for its activities.
- Be a good Corporate citizen that pays its taxes as and when due and be in possession of current Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Have complied with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act 2004
Qualified Insurance Brokers willing to apply must in compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2007 do so by submitting the following documents:
- Original Certified True Copy by the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Company’s Certificate of Registration.
- Original Certified True Copy by National Insurance Commission of the company’s current licence to operate as an Insurance Broker.
- Evidence of participating in any major IOC/NOC energy Insurance account as a broker;
- Company’s Published Audited Accounts for the years ended 2011, 2010 and 2009.
- Certified True Copy by the Federal In land Revenue Service or Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths of:
- three years tax clearance certificates (Receipts not acceptable).
- Current VAT registration
Applications in writing should be submitted as follows:
- A profile of two (2) top management staff and five (5) technical staff of the Company with their qualifications and insurance working experience.
- Certificate of Compliance with the provisions of the Employee Compensation Act 2010 issued by Nigeria Social insurance Trust Fund.
- A statement signed by the Company’s Chief Executive Officer of Its staff strength and locational address.
- Certificate of Insurance in respect of current Professional Indemnity cover.
- Certificate of Compliance with the provisions of the Pension Reform Act, 2004 issued; by Pension Commission.
- Group Life Insurance Certificate in compliance with the Pension Reforms Act 2004.
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Industrial Trust Fund Act 2011 issued by the Industrial Training Fund
- Certificate of registration with Department of Petroleum Resources
- Three copies marked Qualification as a Broker for NNPC Non-Oil Oil Assets and Liabilities 2013” written on the left hand corner of the envelope
In compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Content Development Act, NNPC is committed to providing opportunities for indigenous capacity development and utilization Prospective brokers must therefore, comply with the following criteria:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian company as stipulated by the Act
- Prepare a Nigerian Content Plan for the brokerage services to be provided
- Provide current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians
- Provide past details and present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian personnel
Interested Brokers must also submit three (3) copies of the following documents in a separate envelope marked ‘Nigerian Content’ written on the left hand corner of the envelope:
All the bids should be addressed and forwarded to:
- Original Certified True Copies of the Certificate of Incorporation, Form C02 and C07 obtained from the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Evidence of physical operational presence and set up in Nigeria.
- Nigerian Content Plan for the brokerage services to be provided using Nigerian resources. (Past and present).
- Current organization structure with evidence of the percentage of the management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians
- Details of training budget for Nigerian human capital development
- A list of tin-country registered office addresses
- Number of jobs to be created by this opportunity
- Further innovative proposal that would enhance Nigerian Content for the Insurance programme.
Finance and Accounts Tenders Board,
The Office of the Group Executive Director,
Finance and Accounts,
Block A, 5th Floor
NNPC Towers, Herbert Macaulay Way,
Business District Abuja, FCT
The submission should reach the above address by 2.00p.m (Nigerian Time) on or before Friday, 11th January, 2013
This notice and pre-qualification process shall not place any commitment on NNPC nor establish any legal relationship whatsoever No commun1caton will be entered into with any unsuccessful applicant.