The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN), intends to rehabilitate access roads and carry out comprehensive clearing/maintenance of traces on the following 330KV transmission lines:
- Onitsha-New Haven.
- Benin-Egbin-lkeja West-Omotsho.
- Osogbo-Ikeja West.
- Osogbo - Ayede - Olurunsogo - Ikeja west
- Egbin - lkeja West - Sakate
- Sapele Benin
- Warn - Aloaji
The purpose of this exercise s to free the transmission lines of all vegetation infringement and also make them accessible to patrol vehicles. The use of mechanized tools and equipment will be required on the job.
2.) Pre-Qualification Pre-Requisite
Interested companies are required to provide the following:
Copies of Certificates of Incorporation in Nigeria (Forms C02 and C07 must be attached) or overseas.
Evidence of successful completion of at least one similar job (e.g., road construction, mechanized Right-of-way clearing/maintenance etc.) in the last five years and/or details of similar on-going projects. Final Taking Over Certificates/Certificates of Performance from clients are required.
Verifiable evidence of holding of mechanized tools and earth-moving equipment (bulldozers, graders etc.).
Joint Venture agreements (for joint ventures) signed by the chief executives of the JVs and duly notarized. The lead partners shall be the more technically experienced members with higher financial standing and, evidence of this must be clearly indicated.
The responsibilities of each partner must be clearly defined in the IV agreements which shall not change during the project execution. Each member company must be severally and jointly liable under the IV agreements.
A firm can be partner in only ONE JV or consortium. Proposals submitted by IVs or consortia with the same firm as partner will be rejected. The lead partner a Joint Venture shall provide the Advanced Payment Guarantee and Performance Bond for the contract.
Evidence of local content plan (for companies registered outside Nigeria), including evidence of indigenous staff involvement in jobs done in Nigeria and company’s facilities in Nigeria for execution of services.
Certified audited accounts along with the corresponding 3years Tax Clearance Certificates which shall be verified and the originals sighted on demand.
Any other relevant information which may assist in enhancing the profiles of the applicants.
3.) Important Information
- TCN will verify claims by companies, including office locations and equipment. Applicants should therefore include in their submissions necessary authority and guarantee for such verification.
- Only technically pre-qualified contractors will be invited to submit financial proposals.
- Contractors with litigation history/petitions with PHCN, PMU or NIPP will not be prequalified.
- No company or JV can win more than one of the transmission lines jobs.
- The pre-qualification is general and not for any specific line. When pre-qualified, applicants can bid for lines of their choice.
- Failure to provide information or supporting document that is essential for the evaluation of applicant’s qualifications or to provide timely clarification or substantiation of the information supplied may result in disqualification of the applicant.
4.) Closing Date/Submission of Proposals
One original copy plus a soft copy of applicants’ proposals are to be submitted. The names and mailing addresses of applicant companies must be clearly marked on the envelope bearing the proposals. All information required for the pre-qualification exercise must be provided by applicants in English language
Completed pre-qualification documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Pre-Qualification for Transmission Line Access Roads Rehabilitation and Trace Maintenance”
and delivered by hand or registered mad, not later than5.00p.m. on Tuesday 8 January. 2013 to:
The General Manager (Procurement) TCN,
5th Floor, Room 522 or 2 Floor Room 230,
Power Holding Company-of Nigeria Plc,
Plot 441 Zambezi Crescent,
Opening of Proposals
Submitted proposals will be opened at 10.00 a.m., Wednesday 9th January, 2013 in the Conference Room, 2nd Floor, PHCN Headquarters, Plot 441, Zambezi Crescent, Maitama, Abuja.
For further information and/or clarification, please contact the following E-mails:
Transmission Company of Nigeria.