University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria
P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin
Prequalification bids are invited from interested and competent Contractors and developers with relevant experience and good track records in respect of the following projects:
B. The Pre-Qualification document must contain the following:
- Construction of Shops and Toilets on Sabo-Oke Land of the University on the terms of ‘Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT)’;
- Construction of Building for Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering;
- University Tower (16 Storey Building)
- Rehabilitation of Various Buildings for the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and
- Procurement, installation and commissioning of equipment for the Department of Anatomy (Lot 29).
C. Tender Procedure
- Company’s Tax Clearance for the last three (3) years
- Evidence of Company Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Evidence of registration with Federal Ministry of Works in Category ‘D”
- Verifiable list of similar and other jobs successfully executed with their locations, together with letters of Awards and Certificates of Job Completion.
- Verifiable list of plants/machinery with years of manufacture and locations of the equipment to be used in the project. Please state whether the items of equipment are on lease, hired or owned by the company with evidence of purchase where applicable.
- List of key staff who will execute the project with their Curricular Vitae and relevant positions.
- Company’s financial details and audited accounts for the last three years;
- Value Added Tax Certificate (VAT Certificate);
- Evidence of remittance of pension contribution of employees to PENCOM in line with section 16, subsection 8 (iv) of the Procurement Act.;
- Evidence of compliance with the provisions of the Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act 2011 in respect of contribution to the fund where applicable;
- An affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the University of harm or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidding company, and confirming that all the information it presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Evidence of financial capability and banking support;
- Sworn Affidavit in respect of non-affiliation to any staff of the University and that no director of the company is bankrupt.
- Short listed Contractors should note that they would be required to submit bid security in value of 2% of their quoted figure along with their financial bids
- Contractors who have not constructed structures of at least 10 floors need not to apply for project 3 above. Those who responded to an earlier advertisement for project 3 are required to re-apply.
Tenderers are required to pay a sum of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.0O) for each project 1, 2 and 4 and Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000.00) for projects 3 and 5 in Bank Draft raised in favour of University of Ilorin. The drafts should be paid to the Bursary Department of the University where receipts would be issued. The Bills of Quantities and other Tender documents are obtainable from the Office of the Director of Physical Planning Unit of the University upon the presentation of the evidence of payment.
The bids of shortlisted contractors would be opened on a date that would be communicated to them. Bids for those not shortlisted would be returned to them unopened.
D. Closing Date/Submission
All submissions in sealed envelopes should be delivered to the address below not later than 12.00 noon, 7th January, 2013. The-envelopes should be- clearly marked at the top-right-hand corner with the name of the project and on the left hand corner with the name of the Contractor. Pre-qualification submissions will be opened at the Auditorium Basement, University of Ilorin at 2.00p.m. the same day.
University of Ilorin,
P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin.
- The University reserves the right to reject any or all the pre-qualification packages;
- Failure to comply with any of the above instructions or provide any of the listed documents may automatically result in disqualification.
Olufolake O. Oyeyemi (Mrs.)