The Lagos State Government (LASG) in pursuance of its phased Infrastructural Development Strategic Plan and in tandem with the Millennium Development Goals 3 and 4 to reduce infant mortality and improve maternal mortality respectively is constructing Maternal and Child Centres (MCCs) across the State, five (5) of which have been commissioned since 2010 and are fully functional.
In compliance with the international best practices, the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMHO) wished to embrace the culture of facility management to ensure professional maintenance of these new state- of-the-art facilities.
(a) To provide the required clinical facility management support to facilitate the efficient functioning of all medical equipment within the Centre whose core functions are to provide specialised maternal and child/accident and emergency (trauma) services to the public.
(b) To attain the maintenance and repairs of all medical equipment including the replacement of spare-parts.
Scope of Work
The facilities proposed for management are:
The services to be provided are:
- Maternal and child centre, Ikorodu
- Maternal and Child centre, Isolo
- Maternal and Child centre, Ifako- Ijaiye
- Accident & Emergency Centre, Toll-Gate
(A) Medical Equipment Documentation
- The company would ensure the provision of service technicians to perform maintenance activities and ensure a 4-6 hour response to a call-out on faulty equipment.
- The Equipment Management System to be followed include:
(B) Maintenance and Support
- On commencement of operations and receipt of jointly audited equipment, all relevant information will be documented to provide a valuable database of manual and contract details.
- The title of the user(s) responsible for the operation and management of each piece of equipment should be clearly indicated on the tag or label,
(i) Preventive Maintenance
- Maintenance must he carried out to OEM specifications with use of OEM spare-parts and can depending on type of equipment and need, be jointly determined as Scheduled or Unscheduled Maintenance
- On a quarterly basis, equipment will be checked, cleaned, adjusted and serviced with operational checks carried out to ensure optimal performance and when found to be necessary, parts will be replaced.
- Power surge protectors (UPS etc.) for the equipment must be replaced on a yearly basis 5 to ensure adequate protection of government investment.
(ii) Corrective Maintenance
(iii) Orientation for Medical Equipment Users
- Actual repairs of any faulty equipment or breakdowns outside of the scheduled preventive maintenance (unless otherwise earmarked as the responsibility of the supplier or under the 5 warranty period) with an agreed upon ceiling for cost of spare-parts/repairs to be effected.
(iv) Medical Maintenance and Support Documentation
- Orientation on the effective use of equipment must be conducted for relevant health users especially with change of staff (through employment or deployment.)
- Operational methodology for equipment sustenance and environmental consideration
C. Quality Assurance
- Documentation must be provided for both preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Documentation must be provided for OEM support agreement and warranty.’
- Check list of maintenance activities and the relevant individual log books or maintenance records) detailing calibration exercises conducted, quality control procedures carried out as well as maintenance activities implemented are to be duly filled for record purposes.
- Equipment job card must be issued for each encounter to give a log and history of the particular equipment in question.
- Work order sheets must be issued in the event of an equipment failure/breakdown
Calibration, Safety and Performance Measurement of equipment must be routinely undertaken and strictly adhered to.
All intending Clinical Facility managers are expected to have relevant Professional experience in the managerial/ maintenance of a health facility with similar capacity. In addition, each applicant provides:
- Certificate of incorporation Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of Company Financial Standing.
- Evidence of Registration with Lagos State Consultancy Board/State Tenders Board in appropriate category of Consultant/Contractor
- Profile of organizations including list and relevant Academic Qualification(s) of Directors. Evidence of successful facilities management with maintenance skill in a health facility with similar capacity of international standard with a minimum of (10) Ten year& experience in such institution.
- Evidence of previous hut similar job done in the last (3) years.
- Evidence of Registration with relevant Professional Body(ies) (of both the organization and individual Directors).
- Evidence of Registration with relevant Government Ministries or Agencies.
- Applicants are to submit five (5) copies and soft copy in a CD-ROM of all documents specified above.
- All enquiries regarding the details about this advertisement should be directed to the Director, Healthcare Planning Research and Statistics (Room 621), Ministry of Health, Secretariat, Alausa between 10.00am to 4.00pm from Mondays to Fridays.
24th December, 2012
All submission for the Expression of Interest should be in sealed Envelope and marked Expression of Interest in Tile Facility Manager for General Maintenance of the Maternal and Child Centres and the Accident and Emergency Centre, Toll Gate
, and returned either by Hand OR Courier Services to reach the address stated below
Office of the Honourable Commissioner,
Lagos State Ministry of Health
Room 505, Block 4
Teli + 2348033329327, +2348033001731
It should be noted that this invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of Lagos State Government and / or the Lagos State Ministry of Health to award the project to any consortia expressing interest. Furthermore, the submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against LSG and /LSMH by virtue of such consortia having responded to the EOI invitation.
All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall he far respondent’s account only.