The Lagos State Government (LASG) in pursuance of its phased Infrastructural Development Strategic Plan and in tandem with the Millennium Development Goals 3 and 4 - to reduce mortality and improve material mortality respective is constructing Maternal and Child Centres (MCCs) across the State, five (5) of which have been commissioned since 2010 and are fully functional.
In compliance with international best practices, the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMOH) wishes to embrace the culture of facility management to ensure professional maintenance of these new states-of-the-art facilities.
Scope of Work
- To provide the required facility management support to facilitate the efficient delivery of the Centres’ (MCCs and A & E Centres) core function of providing health care to Mother and Child and as a accident and emergency centre.
- To attain clean, health hygienic and safe environment, including regular landscaping of gardens and lawns.
- To attain stable power supply and proper maintenance and repairs of electrical power supply equipment and facilities in the Centres, including Generators.
- To attain the maintenance and repairs of all loose and fixed office/ building equipment.
The facilities proposed for management are:
- Maternal and Child Centre, Ikorodu
- Maternal and child Centre, Isolo
- Maternal and Child Centre, Ifako-Ijaiye
- Accident & Emergency Centre, Toll-Gate
Though not all-inclusive, the following description of requirements should be used as a guideline describing the minimum of the maintenance and repairs services which will be required of the contractor:
- Contract Administration
- Site Maintenance and repair
- Structural Maintenance and Repair
- Architectural Maintenance and Repair
- Mechanical Maintenance and Repair
- Electrical Maintenance and Repair
- Pest Control and Fumigation
- Security Management
- Power Consumption
- Sewage and Waste Management
All intending Facility managers are expected to have relevant Professional experience in the managerial/ maintenance of a Health Facility with similar capacity. In addition, each Applicant will provide
- Certificate of Incorporation /Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of Company Financial Standing.
- Evidence of Registration with State Consultancy Board/ State Tenders Board in appropriate category of Consultant/Contractor.
- Profile of organizations including list and relevant Academic Qualification(s) of Directors Evidence of successful facilities management with maintenance skill in a Health Facility with similar capacity of Medicine of International standard with a minimum of (5) five years’ experience in such institution.
- Evidence of previous but similar job done in the last 3 (three) years
- Evidence of Registration with relevant Professional Body(ies) of both the organization and individual Directors)
- Evidence of Registration with relevant Government Ministries of Agencies.
- Applicants are to submit Five (5) copies of all documents specified above and one soft copy in a CD-ROM.
- All enquiries regarding the details about this advertisement should be directed to the Director, Healthcare Planning Research and Statistics (Room 621), Ministry of Health, Alausa Secretariat between 10.00am to 4.00pm from Mondays to Fridays.
24th December, 2012
All submission for the Expression of Interest should be in sealed Envelope and marked Expression on Interest in the Facility Manager for General Maintenance of the Maternal and Child Centers and the Accident And Emergency Center, Toll-Gate,
and returned either by Hand OR Courier Services to reach the address stated below.
Office of the Honourable Commissioner
Lagos State Ministry of Health Room 505, Block 4
Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Tel +2348033329327, +2348033001731
It should be noted that this invitation does not constitute a commitment on the part of Lagos State Government and / or the Lagos State Ministry of Health to award the project to any consortia expressing interest. Furthermore the submission of documents shall not entitle any of the interested parties to any claims against LSG and / or LSMH by virtue of such consortia having responded to the EOI invitation.
All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this EOI invitation and any subsequent requests for information shall be respondent’s account only.