This invitation for expressions of interest follows the general procurement notice that appeared in UN Development Business online, issue No. 637 of 11 March 2005.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the international Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Federal Roads Development Project (FRDP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments under the contact for the Supervision Services for the Rehabilitation of Mokwa—Bida Road in Niger State, Nigeria with a length of about 121 Km.
The objectives of the consulting services shall include, but not limited to the following:
- To review the design of the road and comment on any issues, deficiencies, or improvements that, in the opinion of the consultant, need to be addressed to ensure a successful completion of the projects.
- To ratify the Contractor’s work plan for the execution of contracts including the corresponding pre-construction activities in such a way to avoid slippages, delays by the contractor and to monitor and suggest to the Employer remedial advance actions to speed up works and avoid delays;
- To ensure high quality construction with fill compliance to Engineering Designs and Drawings, Technical Specifications and other Contract Documents within the specified time schedule
- To monitor the Pre—construction activities
- Ensure proper programming, Recording, measurement and accounting of the works by appropriate management and measurement techniques and reporting;
- To prepare and issue valuations and payment certificates as at when due and in line with the terms of the contract;
- To prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports and final construction report and compile a full set of as built drawings of all completed works;
- To ensure safety during construction and adherence to all Environment Management measures prescribed under the Contract:
- To supervise any remedial works carried out during the defects liability period. Assign personnel to carry out intermediate and final inspection and preparation and issuance of final completion certificate
The Road Sector Development Team of the Federal Ministry of Works now invites consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. Shortlisted consultants may not associate with other shortlisted firms. This advertisement is open to consultants from all eligible source countries.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011
Interested consultants should submit one (1) original and (2) two copies of the above information in English language in an envelope marked: “Expression of Interest Consultancy Services for the Supervision of Rehabilitation of Mokwa - Bida Road”
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08.00 to 17.00 hours local time) on Mondays to Fridays.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered to the address below not later than 14.00 hours (Local time) on 12/02/2013
The Unit Manager,
Road Sector Development Team,
6 Niagara Close, off Erie Crescent, off Nile Street,
Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
: +234 7036609082