In line with the Niger State Governments vision of attaining the status of being among the three best economies in Nigeria by the year 2020, the State Government is desirous of construction a tower referred to herein as Minna City Centre Tower, located at the proposed Minna City Centre along Paiko Road, by Mobil Round About Minna, Niger State. In pursuit of its urban renewal progrpmme, the State Government is envisaging a re-development that will take advantage of the City Centre of the State Capital, Minna with a tower and adjoining befitting shopping arcade or mall for 4iich designs and architectural conceptualization have been completed.
Accordingly, Niger State Government is inviting reputable and competent bidders that are experienced in lower construction to bid for the construction of proposed Minna City Centre Tower.
2.0 Project Description
2.1 General Design Concept
The proposed Minna City Tower is conceived within the Local “Calabash and Ludayi” concept housing communal facilities at the lower levels and observatories and restaurant along the tower section which rises up to 70 meters above ground level.
2.2 Design Responsibility
Within the provision of the contract for this project and as stipulated in the contract conditions, the successful bidder shall be required to provide detailed designs of structural and engineering service of the tower in line with outline design and specification given by the consultants referred in the contract conditions.
The work includes the construction of the Minna City Centre Tower consisting of concrete and steel structural frames, main central core in concrete and steel elements on raft and pile foundation, both lower and tower sections constructed in precast concrete and structural steel skeleton covered in Alucobond cladding. The observatories and restaurant are to be cladding in clear sheet glaring. The work also comprises vertical transportation and ventilating systems, mechanical and plumbing installations, communication and fire fighting installation amongst others.
3.0 Bid Requirements
All Bidders are expected to be Local/International firms with proven track record in tower construction works.
3.1 Pre-qualification Requirements
In order to pre-qualify, prospective firms must supply the following information:
3.2 Technical & Financial Bid Requirements
- Proof of registration with Niger State Public Procurement Board (NSPPB);
- Company profile containing contract person, telephone number and e-mail address;
- Copy of CAC registration certificate;
- Evidence of three years tax clearance;
- Evidence of three years audited account;
- Track record of successful investment in construction and redevelopment;
- Evidence of financial capability from a reputable bank.
- Brochure showing tasks accomplished in relevant sectors;
- Composition and profile of management team showing qualification and years of experience in construction/ hospitality industries;
- Schematic drawings of proposed construction with proposed period of development;
- Work Plan and Methodology for undertaking the assignment;
- Evidence of previous work done;
- A non-refundable bank draft of lender fees of Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000.00) only, payable to Niger State Ministry of Works and Infrastructural Development;
- Completed bidding document; and
- Any other additional information that may enhance the bidding process.
3.3 Bid Security
A refundable bid security amount of One Million naira (N1,000,000.00) only shall be provided.
4.0 Bidding Document Collection & Submission
The interested firms are requested to collect complete set of bidding documents from the office of the Director Public Building, Ministry of Works & Infrastructural Development, Block E, Abdulkarcem Lcfcne Secretariat Complex, P.M.B, 60, Minna, Niger State.
4.2 Closing Date/Submission
The technical and financial bid proposals must be prepared as separate document as provided for in the Instruction to Bidders. The technical and financial proposals must be SEPARATELY packaged in sealed envelopes, clearly marked as, “Financial” and “Technical” as appropriate and put together in a SINGLE (bigger) envelope which should be marked ‘Tender For The Proposed Minna City Centre Tower’
All bids should be submitted not later than 6 weeks from the date of this adverts, which closing date is on Tuesday, 19th February, 2013 by 12:00 noon
. All bids shall be publicly opened on Wednesday 20th February, 2013
at the conference hail of the Ministry of Works & Infrastructural Development in the presence of bidders and/or their representatives by 10:00am.
All bids to be addressed and submitted to the office of the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Infrastructural Development, Block E, Abduilcareem Lafene Secretariat Minna, Niger State.
Ministry of Works and Infrastructural Development,
Minna, Niger State.