Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS2 T04) Project, which seeks to reduce the burden of malaria in 14 African countries through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) by its field office located in Lafia, Nasarawa State, Nigeria.
Abt Associates is planning for the next spray campaign in the first quarter of 2013 and desires to utilize the services of potential and responsive organizations in transportation logistics for safe and secure movement of commodities and field staff during the IRS operation.
Abt Associates hereby solicits quotes from Motor vehicle transport logistics vendors for Buses with Drivers in line with specifications and requirements outlined in the following REQ.
Scope of Work
The selected bidder(s) shall undertake the dispatch of commodities (spray equipment and materials) from project warehouse in Lafia to 17 operational sites spread across Doma and Nassarawa Eggon LGAs, in Nasarawa State. In addition, the bidder shall be responsible for the daily transportation of field staff
Field Staff transportation
Not more than 40 days
18a-seater, sound engine, neat cabin, robust chasis, equipped with accessories & service kits, spare tyres fire extinguisher, valid vehicle and driver’s licerse and GSM.
Not more than 40 days
Enclosed, nest & specious cabin, sound engine, neat cabin, robust chasis, equipped with accessories & service kits, spare tyres extinguisher, valid vehicle and driver’s license and GSM
Specific Requirement for IRS
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Provide detailed profile of the organization including registered address, functional contact email address and GSM.
- Cost-effectiveness of price quotation.
- Evidence of registration with FIRS and other relevant bodies.
- Verifiable evidence/copy of similar jobs successfully executed in the past.
- Knowledge of the local terrain is a mandatory requirement
- Vendors are required to fully review all instructions and comply with all requirements as specified in this RFQ. Abt reserves the right to reject any and all quotes due to incomplete documentations.
Conditions for Pre-Qualification
- All vehicles must be in good working condition for movement of field staff throughout the operation.
- All drivers will be trained on the peculiarity of IRS commodities transportation
- Daily schedule of activities is strictly time-bound. Vehicles must be at their operational base as from 6.30a.m to maximum of 6.00p.m
- Emergency vehicle replacement plan within two (2) hours in case of vehicular breakdown.
- Presentation of array of vehicles for inspection
- Identifiable park location
All quotes must be submitted in two (original and duplicate) in a sealed envelope and marked RFQ-18 Seater Bus and RFQ-Loader for Buses and J5 Buses respectively. All quotes must be received by 5.30pm on 23rd January, 2013.
All quotes must be submitted in hard copies to:
The Procurement & Logistics Coordinator,
Abt Development Foundation,
Behind Police Commissioner’s House,
Off Shendam Road, Lafia,
Response will be given to all requests for clarification up to the deadline date stated above. All requests can be referred to the above Abt designee.
This RFQ shall not be misconstrued to be commitment on the part of Abt Associates to award any form of contract to any respondent nor shall it entitle any organization to claim indemnity from Abt Associates