Ropeways Transport Limited (RTL) has applied for a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB), hereinafter referred to as AfDB, in various currencies towards the cost of the Lagos Cable Car Transit Project which comprises of the construction of three cable propelled transit lines in Lagos, Nigeria and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the contract for which this Invitation for Prequalification is issued.
Doppelmayr Seilbahnen GmbH and Roughton International have been appointed as RTLs technology partner and project manager respectively. The Project comprises of:
- Three (3) transit lines from Apapa to Adeniji Adele via Oluwole; Ijora (7Up) to Adeniji Adele via Iddo; Adeniji Adele to Victoria Island via Obalende and Falomo with stations at each of these locations;
- Sub structure works - piling and tower bases and foundations for the stations;
- Super structure works - construction of three (3) concrete towers (150m - 180m high) and erection of eleven (11) steel towers;
- Detailed design and construction of eight(s) stations;
- Detailed design and installation of M&E works, and
- All associated infrastructure works.
As RTL’s technology partner, Doppelmayr will provide engineering (back-end) operations and maintenance services in connection with the Project.
RTL intends to prequalify an International Operating Partner
for the provision of front-end (customer-facing) operations and management services in connection with the Project. The services to be rendered by the International Operating Partner will include:
- Ticket sales;
- Control of passenger access to the cable car system and revenue protection;
- Passenger management and boarding assistance;
- Customer services including passenger information and customer service personnel;
- Passenger safety and protection.
Interested eligible applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the Prequalification Document at the RTL Head Office (address below) between 10:00 hours and 16:00 hours local time during normal working days. A complete set of the Prequalification Documents in English may be purchased by interested applicants through the submission of a written application to the address below, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N50,000 or US$350. The method of payment will be by Bank draft or Managers Cheque drawn in favour of Ropeways Transport Limited. If the applicant desires that the document be sent by post/courier service, then an additional charge of N7,500 or US$50 for inland delivery and N15,000 or US$100 for overseas delivery shall also be paid along with the fee stated above. The request for sending prequalification application by post/courier service must be received in the office of RTL with the requisite fee before 15:00 hours on Friday 1st February, 2013.
Prequalification will be conducted through prequalification procedures specified in AfDB’s ‘Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works,’ and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries, as defined in the ‘Rule Interested parties are invited to forward details of company experience including evidence of current, or recent operations management roles demonstrating the above required capabilities as well as:
5.) Closing Date/Submission
- At least 10 years proven track record in customer facing service operations;
- Experience in ticketing
- Experience of operating in developing countries, with particular preference for West African experience.
Applications for Prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address below by 11th February 2013, and be clearly marked: “Application to Prequalify for Lagos Cable Car Transit Project (Operations Management) - Contract Number LCCT/3/2013”
Ropeways Transport Limited
Attn Captain Dapo Olumide
ID, Club Road, Ikoyi,
It is expected that Invitations for Bid (IFB) will be made in March 2013. Applicants will be advised, in due course, of the results of their applications. Only firms and joint ventures prequalified under this procedure will be invited to bid.