The Federal College of Education Pankshin is desirous of competent and qualified contractors and suppliers to bid for its 2011 and 2012 (merged) TETFund normal intervention for the following projects:
Lot 1. Construction of academic staff offices complex Block A
Lot 2. Construction of academic staff offices complex Block C
Lot 3. Construction of academic staff offices complex External works
Lot 4. Reconstruction of PHE hall to a standard multipurpose science laboratory
Lot 5. Connection of Electricity to academic staff office complex
Lot 6. Provision and connection of water to the academic staff office complex
Lot 7. Provision and connection of water to the multipurpose science Laboratory
Lot 8. Procurement of computers and accessories for computer laboratory
Interested and eligible suppliers/contractors are required to forward the under listed items for prequalification:
1. Submission of Documents
- Company’s name and address
- Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Evidence of tax clearance certificate for the last three years
- Company profile with details of names resume of Directors with their credentials, dully signed by key Technical/Experienced personnel to be involved in the execution of the projects.
- Verifiable list of similar jobs successfully executed within the last three (3) years including names of clients, location of projects, letters of contract award, cost of projects and practical completion certificates.
- Company audited accounts for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of company’s financial standing and bank reference
- VAT registration and evidence of past VAT remittances (TIN inclusive)
- All prospective bidders are expected to accompany their submissions with sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the Federal College of Education, Pankshin is a former or present director, stakeholders or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- In compliance to section 6 (3) of the amended ITF ACT, 2011 as well as the NHIS and pension laws: -
- “Every employer having five (5) or more employees in his establishment, or having less than five (5) employees but with a turnover of 50 million naira and above per annum, shall, in respect of each calendar year and or the prescribed date, contribute to the ITF fund, one percent of his total annual payroll.”
- “Any supplier or contractor or consultant bidding or soliciting contract(s), business(es), goods and services from any Federal Government Ministry, Department and Agency (MDA’S) as well as commercial, industrial and private entities must fulfill statutory obligations of his employees with respect to payment of his training contribution.”
- “Any liable organization, public or private including companies situated in the free trade zone requiring approval for expatriate quota and/or utilizing custom services in matters of export and import, must show proof of compliance with this Act in respect of payment of Training Contribution of his employees.”
- Evidence of company’s commitment to staff on NHIS and pension contribution as obtained from the concerned establishments.
Prequalification documents shall be enclosed in a sealed envelope and marked “Confidential”. Pre-qualification should be specific e.g (Lot 1 Construction of academic staff offices complex block A) as the case may be.
Pre-qualification documents shall be submitted to:
Federal College of Education,
2. Bid Opening Exercise
Pre-qualification document must be submitted not later than 12.00 noon of Monday 4TH February, 2013 and shall be opened that same day in the College Boardroom. Contractors are advised to be present or represented at the opening ceremony and should be able to produce original copies of company tax clearance certificates if requested.
Contractors or their representatives are advised to be seated by 12.00 noon for the opening exercise.
No submission will be accepted after 12 noon on the closing date being Monday 4th February, 2013. Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited to participate in the financial bidding exercise and will be required to pay a non refundable fee of N45,000:00 for Lots 1-4 and N20,000:00 for Lots 5-8.
Istifanus Kyamut, Mnipr
Public Relations Executive
For: Secretary, Tenders Board.