Federal Ministry of Education
Shehu Shagari way, Abuja
Advertisement for Tender for the Execution of TETFUND Special Intervention Projects in Unity Schools
The Federal Ministry of Education (FME) intends to undertake the procurement of various Works under the TETFUND Special intervention Project in Twelve Unity Colleges
2) Description of Work
Construction of Library and Furnishing
2.1) The projects will be sited in the following locations:
Lot 1. Federal Government Girls’ College, Kazaure, Jigawa State
Lot 2. Federal Government Girls’ College, Bakori, Katsina State
Lot 3. Federal Government College, Biliri, Gombe State
Lot 4. Federal Government College, Azare, Bauchi State
Lot 5. Federal Government Boys’ College, Apo, Garki,Abuja-FCT
Lot 6. Federal Government Girls’ College, Gboko, Benue State
Lot 7. Federal Science College, Odi, Bayelsa State
Lot 8. Federal Government College, Ibillo, Edo State
Lot 9. Federal Government College, Nise.Anambra State
Lot 10. Federal Government Girls’ College, Oyo,Oyo State
The Federal Ministry of Education (FME) therefore wishes to invite interested and competent companies to submit technical and financial bids for the construction of the projects.
Prospective Bidders are required to submit the following documents:
4.0 Submission of Technical and Financial Documents
- Certificate of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Evidence of Certification/Exemption from PENCOM in accordance with the Pension Reform Act, 2004 including evidence of remittances of Employees Pension Contributions/Deductions;
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificates for the last three years (2009,2010 & 2011) corresponding to declare turnover;
- Evidence of VAT Registration and past remittances for the last three years:
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three years (2009,2010 & 2011) showing annual turnover;
- Verifiable list of similar jobs successfully executed in the last three years in including letters of award of contracts, project costs, job completion certificates and payments (please provide contact addresses of the clients);
- Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the projects from reputable banks;
- Company profile and Technical qualifications of key personnel with evidence of experiences on similar jobs;
- Company profile and Technical qualification of key personnel with evidence of experiences on similar jobs;
- List of verifiable Equipment indicating ownership or on lease (for construction/renovation only);
- A Sworn Affidavit that none of the Directors has been convicted in any court of any criminal offence;
- A Sworn affidavit confirming that all information presented and attached are true and correct of the company and that no officer of the Federal Ministry of Education (FME) is a former or present Director. or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund Act, 2011 (Amended).
i) Bidders may bid for one or not more than two sites. Bid documents are available in the Procurement Department on the third floor, Federal Ministry of Education, Federal Secretariat, Phase III on the production of receipt of payment of N50,000.00 (fifty thousand naira)only by Bank Draft in favour of Federal Ministry of Education.
ii) Bids should be enclosed in two (2) sealed tamper proof separate envelopes marked "Technical Bid" or “Financial Bid” and all two envelopes:will be enclosed in a bigger envelope indicating the Lot No. and the Name of School at the Top Right Hand Comer of the Envelope and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Education,
Federal Secretariat, Phase III,
Shehu Shagari Way,
iii) The Documents should be deposited in the Tender Box at the Permanent Secretary’s Office. Company name(s)should also be written, at the reverse side of the envelope:
Closing date for all submissions is on or before Wednesday 5th September, 2012 at 12.00 noon prompt. Late submissions shall not be entertained.
Openings of Bids
Opening of the received documents will commence at 1 .00p.m on Wednesday 5th September, 2012 at Federal Ministry of Education Boardroom. All Bidders and/or their Representatives, Relevant Professional Bodies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) are invite to witness the public opening exercise accordingly.
- The Federal Ministry of Education (FME) reserves the right to reject any or all the submissions that do not meet up with the requirements as specified,
- The Evaluation of the received documents shall be strictly based on the requirements as specified above;
- The advertisement for the submission of the bids shall neither be, construed to be a commitment on the part of the Ministry, nor shall it entitle any company to make any claim whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from the Ministry by virtue of any response to the said advertisement.
Ben .O. Ibe, Ph.D
Permanent Secretary (FME)