The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites interested competent and reputable contractors to apply for this Pre-qualification and submit the required information as well as comply with all other prerequisites of Pre-qualification for the approved 2013 IGR projects stated below:
2.) 2013 ICR Projects Reference No.
1. Establishment of International Scholars Lot I - EIL
2. Asphalt Overlay of Oduduwa Way from Lot 2 - RRO
Obakekere to Obanla
The existing two blocks of flats within the residential area of the University are to be rehabilitated and upgraded to international Scholars Guest Lodge
The road linking the Obakekere to Obanla Campus is to be rehabilitated. The work will involve asphalt overlay of the road.
4.) Pre-Qualification Criteria
Compulsory and mandatory Criteria:
Failure to provide 4.0 (i) - (x) above will automatically disqualify the bidder.
5.) Other Criteria
- Evidence of Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Include CAC registration form CO2 and C07 containing list of Directors and Shareholders
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3years (2009, 2011)
- Company Audited Account in the Last Three (3) years (2009-2011)
- Pre-qualified bidders should note that refundable bid security of 2% of bid sum in Bank Certified Cheque will accompany the bid documents at tender stage.
- A sworn affidavit that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable
- A sworn affidavit that none of its Directors has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence, including fraud or financial impropriety.
- A sworn affidavit indicating whether any current officer of The Federal University of Technology, Akure is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company.
- Evidence of compliance with Part IV, section 16 (6d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as it relates to pension which says all bidders must have fulfilled all obligations to pay taxes, pensions and social security contributions.
- Show evidence of compliance with Section 6(ii) of the Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amended Act, 2011.
6.) General Information
- List and Source of Equipment
- Indication of Technical and Administrative staff strength, with academic/professional qualifications and Curriculum Vitae of Key personnel available for the project
- Evidence of relevant verifiable experience on similar jobs in Nigeria over the last 5 years stating location, cost and duration of execution.
- Evidence of Payment of Value Added Tax
- Evidence of Social Responsibility in terms of Endowment, Sports or ETF contributions.
- Evidence of payment of non-refundable bank certified cheque of Pre-qualification Fee of N20,000.00 for each Lot, made payable to FUTA IGR Account No. 0120765724, WEMA Bank, FUTA Branch.
- Reference letter from bankers and copies of current bank statement
- Submission of two (2) copies of spiral bound company profile.
Interested Contractors should collect pre-qualification screening questionnaire from the Physical Planning Unit
on presentation of receipt issued from the Cash Office
, of the Bursary, Federal University of Technology Akure, Ondo State
from Wednesday, 23rd January, 2013 to Wednesday, 20th February, 2013.
All enquiries regarding this advertisement should be directed to the DIRECTOR, Physical Planning Unit, J. T. Oseni Building, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State between the hours of 11:00 am and 3.0 pm. Monday - Friday.
All interested Bidders are to attend the opening of prequalification document meeting scheduled for Wednesday, 20th February, 2013 in the Senate Chambers at 2.00 p.m.
7.) Closing Date/Submission
All submissions for pre-qualification should be in a sealed envelope and identified with the project reference number at the top left hand corner and marked “Pre-Qualification For Lot (Please specify Lot no)”
and delivered by hand or courier service to reach the address stated below not later than 12.00 noon, Wednesday, 20th February, 2013
The Federal University of Technology,
Akure, P. M. B. 704, Akure.
There shall be a public opening of the Pre-qualification submissions, 2.00 p.m. on Wednesday, 20t February, 2013 and the representatives of all the Bidders and the general public are encouraged to attend.
- Failure of a Bidder to follow the order of any of the instructions above or provide any of the listed documents may automatically result in disqualification.
- Notwithstanding the submissions made, The Federal University of Technology, Akure is neither committed nor under any obligation to include any Contractor on the final list of pre-qualified Contractors or award any form of contract to any Contractor.
Dr. (Mrs.) M. O. Ajayi
Registrar and Secretary to Council.