4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (IGB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: procurement under IBRD loans and IDA Credits (May 2004. Revised October 1, 2006 and May 1. 2010) and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Rivers State Malaria Control Booster Project (MCBP), and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 0800 to 1600 hours, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
6. Qualifications requirements include:
a. The bidder must provide evidence that the Chemicals offered has approval by World Health Organisation Pesticides Evaluation Schemes (WHOPES Prequalification Certificate)
b. The Chemicals have been registered by NAFDAC
c. Bid must be accompanied by 4 samples to be used for evaluation.
d. The Bidder shall have been engaged in the business of supply of Chemicals for at least three (3) years supported with documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration, and principal place of business. Evidence of financial capability for this Contract shall be furnished by the bidder. A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of N10,000:00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) or in $ 100:00 (One Hundred US Dollars only). The method of payment will be by cash .The document will be collected by bidder’s representative.
The Bidding Documents may be sent by post upon payment of additional N5,000.00 (Five thousand naira).
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 11 .30am on September 12th, 2012. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representative who choose to attend in person at the Conference Room, 1st Floor, Room 25, Ministry of Health, Block A, State Secretariat Complex, Part Harcourt, Rivers State, at 12:00 pm on September 12th, 2012. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as specified in the Bid Data Sheet or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
9. A bidder can bid in one or more lots in this package. Bidders bidding in one or more than one lot must ensure that they possess the qualification requirement specified in the bidding document and necessary capacity to complete the lots bided within the time specified in the bidding document.
10. The address (as) referred to above for bid submission purposes is:
The Pragramme Manager
Rivers State Malaria Control Booster Project
Ministry of Health
Block A, 3rd Floor, Room 23,
State Secretariat Complex, Moscow Road,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348033413902, +2348034755225